Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
Fastback

Rvnd 7715lm

Anyone familiar with the Rand McNally, RVND 7715 LM? I just bought one. I plugged it into 120 volt power so that I would have power and at the same time charge the battery. At this point it has been plugged in for about 4 hours and still will not start. All I get is a blank screen that flickers. I thought that it may just need a good charge. The red light is still on which means it is charging.

There is no trouble shooting guide in the instruction booklet. I have looked on the internet and have also not found anything.

Thanks in advance for any information.
Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
labs4life

I have several of the truck version of this GPS. Call them and they will make it good. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but I have been through a bunch of warranty swaps on the 7 that I have. Good GPS but lots of problems from my seat!!
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
Fastback

Well I decided to return the GPS to Walmart. However, I did take another one. The same sales person waited on me. This time he asked if I would allow him to open the package to check out the unit. I liked that idea. He plugged in the GPS and it appeared to be functional so I decided to take it.

Get this I got it out to the truck and my wife decided to start it right away. Well she plugged in the 12 adapter and found it was not working. I thought she had not plugged it far enough so I removed it and guess what the time was not present. It was in two pieces in the box. I could not believe it. My wife handed me the pieces and due to my crappy dexterity I dropped them in the seat somewhere. My patients were at its end. I decide to ask if the adapter could be removed from the other returned unit. The gentleman I had dealt with was unavailable the new person wanted me to return the whole unit I was afraid that I would get another problem one. Anyway, I insisted on talking to the original sales person. This finally happened and he was able to make the swap.

So it is now programed and ready to go. If something happens this time I give up. Walmart will see me again, but not for a swap.
Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #4
labs4life

They really are a good unit. The main problem we have is with the charger port. If the charger gets pulled a bit while connected, it seems to do permanent damage.
The functionality of the units we run are awesome, just not so pleased with durability, but that could be our fault....
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote