Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
vwalla

Holding Tank Panel Confusion

I have a 2011 Outback Sydney Fifth wheel that has a rear bathroom with a sink and toilet.

Outside there are black/grey valves near the front and also black/grey valves in the rear (near the rear bathroom).

My confusion comes in on the holding tank sensor panel.

It shows Black, Grey 1, Grey 2, Galley

From the looks of the outside dumping valves, I have 2 black and 2 grey tanks, but from the panel, it looks as if I have 1 black and 3 grey (galley???).

Not sure which goes to which. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
buzzcop63

By using a clear discharge section on your dump hose (cheap and a lot of help) you most likely will find that you have one Black tank discharge, two gray discharge for shower and sinks and one Galley discharge, unfortunately the use of Gray and Black handles is not always correct, or so I have read on other posting on the Net. The handles are generally close to the tank they drain. My trailer has two up front (Black & Gray) and one Gray in the rear for shower and bathroom sink.
buzzcop63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #3
GaryWT

Unless someone else has this unit and replies, step on the pedal of one of the toilets and check to see on the panel to see what is filling. Once you find that out stand on the other toilet and see where that water goes. Once you have that figured out it should be easy.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
vwalla

Thanks for the quick replies. The handles up front are def for black/grey as they are labeled.

The rear valves are more in question. It does appear that the black has its own tank since there is a large pipe going to a tank (I assume. There is a winter barrier blocking all the tanks)

The grey may be the galley or kitchen area. It seems to travel I. That direction before it disappears between the insulation.

I could be totally wrong .

Thanks again!
Old 06-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
vwalla

OK. I called Keystone and we "mapped" them out. They apparently put the wrong face plate on the sensor panel. Here is what I found:

Black = Master BR Toilet
Grey 1 = Master Shower & Master Sink
Grey 2 = Guest Sink AND Toilet (Really Black 2 if you ask me)
Galley = Kitchen Sink

Now I have figured out why my trailer stinks every once in awhile

Just FYI incase anyone else has the same issue.

V
Old 06-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #6
buzzcop63

If the smell is from your Black tank make sure that you do not run bathroom fan when toilet is flushed. Trailers are pretty airtight and when a fan comes on it can draft air up through the toilet from the Black tank vent into the trailer. Treating the Black tank to help keep odor down will help, if Black tank has build up wash out with wand or if you have built in pressure washer use that. Dumping ice down the toilet and driving is good way to knock loose material.

If smell is coming from the sinks then the Gray tanks need to be treated, many of the treatments for Black tank will work with Gray tanks. Good luck.
buzzcop63 is offline   Reply With Quote