Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2010, 04:23 AM   #1
m109rrider

Just about ready to pull the trigger on a 5'er. Need opinion.

Looked at so many different 5'ers that my head is going to explode. Narrowed it down to a couple and neither is a Keystone. Not that I wouldn't buy another Keystone, I've had 0 issues with mine but these two are offering the options vs. price that we're looking for. I'm looking at a Gulf Stream Aztec 32FRBW and a Forest River Wildcat 31TS. Here's mine dilemma, I'm going to take it in the shorts big time on my trade. How many of you would be willing to do that to get your "Dream Camper"....or at least get the camper that will satisfy your needs for many..many...many years to come? Thanks in advance for your input.

2011 Prime Time 320RLT
2005 Dodge 2500 CTD
m109rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #2
Flyguy

I have looked at both of them and I hope you have a 1 ton diesel dually to pull one of these with! In looking at the specs for both I would go with the Wildcat but that's just me and I'm a big fan of Forest River and I don't know a lot about Gulf Stream. The Wildcat has an all aluminum cage construction and I didn't see anything said by Gulf Stream about it's construction, usually when they don't say aluminum it means you get wood and if as you say it is meant to last many many.........many years then I would go with aluminum.

P.S. I just looked deeper into the Gulf Stream and it does have aluminum cage construction! tough choice dude, I think I would flip a coin!!
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:16 AM   #3
Sebring

We went through the same thing when we were getting down to the "nitty gritty" of which trailer to go with.

In fact, I made a spreadsheet as we just couldn't keep all the data in our heads as to which make/model had what. So the spreadsheet made it very easy...decided on floor plan, then options we wanted (including holding & hotwater tank sizes). What a difference for our small overloaded brains...LOL

Good luck!
2008 GMC Duramax 2500HD 4x4
Good Sam Member
Sebring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #4
jje1960

So did you purchase?

My purchase treck was a bit easier, we had rigid parameters to start with, was so sick of paying $500.00+ to rent a golf cart at Ocean Lakes year after year and was always envious of everyone ridin' around during Bristol August week at Farmer Bob's.... we looked at toy haulers from the start. All said n'-done, the 325SRX is sitting in our driveway. Close call with the Montana, but the bay is a bit larger in the SRX, give n' take with less counter space in the main cabin. Loft queen bed is really a plus, enclosed bathroom up front a big plus and once the "Toy" is out, nice bedroom in the Bay. Now just itch'in to use the beast!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1161.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	226  
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote