Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #21
SAABDOCTOR

good job hank!!!!! well put
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #22
michael

Yes hank and put well

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4
V10 Engine, axle 4:10 ratio
8ft box SRW

10x10 Screen room.

Let It Happen Campin.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #23
Ken / Claudia

Lou, In Oregon dogs must be on leash always out side, unless in a off leash area, most parks here have them. As for not allowing them to be left in the RV or wolf den (create) never heard of that rule anywhere. It is not a rule here. If they are barking while left iside, it could be a problem.
Park Rangers here get little training, most work summers only. He may have not known the rules and how they are to be applied. He may have only understood part of them. To inforce any rules/laws the person should first learn what the intent of the rule/law is. I had to respond to 3 area state parks to assist rangers, they were mostly wrong or could not do what they thought they or I could do. If I was you, I would check the web site rules etc. if not phone a superviser and tell them your story, if he was wrong they need to know.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #24
Bluewater

Just ask ANY camp host or Ranger what they have the most problems with and they all will tell you it's irresponsible dog owners. They all have a perfect pet that never barks and is so calm it doesn't need a leash. No one likes a barking dog. For one I am tired of cleaning my shoes of the piles they leave and not picked up by the owners. They have those rules for a reason.
Bluewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #25
mhs4771

Some of you must camp in places we don't frequent. Just about every place we've ever stayed has the rule that Dogs are not to be left alone, either outside or in the rig. Now most places don't enforce leaving them in the rig, as long as they're quiet. We've been places where the dog in the rig howls the entire time the Master is away. At the park we're presently in you follow the rules or you're out, and they keep a list so you won't be back.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #26
x96mnn

My dog was attacked by very well behaved dogs who had never shown any signs before this incident who was at a campsite with their owner and not leashed.

My dog seems to not be liked by other dogs. My vet states that it is most likely due to the fact he had his anal glands removed which helps produce their scent. My dog really does not have one and it confuses animals often causing aggressive behavior by other dogs. He has been attacked 3 times in this fashion all by smaller dogs around 40pds. No real injury as I am quick to react but only recall one time I had words with the owner who took issue in my leashed dog making their poor spoofy upset.

My wife and I make it a point to walk the park and route before we take him but its not possible to know for sure if someone will have there dog out.
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #27
Bugsmema

Dogs on leash.

Wow, so many great responses! I have to agree with everyone on dogs on a leash. Kind of makes me feel safer when I want to walk my chocolate lab. Hate it when you take your dog for a walk, someone's dog comes running at you, barking. My dog is a lover and very submissive so I have to watch closely on the dog approaching. Is this a friendly or not. Makes my heart jump a beat. Would rather not have that feeling. Leashes to me are like fences, they make good neighbors.
Bugsmema is offline   Reply With Quote