Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
EarlJr

Repelling mice?

Have done a TON of research on Google re: getting rid of mice in the TT, so I thought I'd ask you guys with any experience with repelling mice; I'd rather do that than let 'em in & chew on something vital . . .
EarlJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
dksd39

not sure about repelling them...personally I have found that killing them is the only solution. I have tried every type poison I can find and there is one clear standout... just one bite bars do an amazing job. I use them at my hunting camp and for my camper and ever since have not had an issue. For my camper I put the bars in a section of PVC placed next to my storage slab...good luck as mice are a very common problem. They did a ton of damage to my best friends camper...chewed all the wiring and destroyed his fridge.
dksd39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:58 AM   #3
geo

Earljr -

Your solution could be rented - see bottom of this page, tenth post:

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...ght=maine+coon

As Hankaye says, " Pit bulls in cat fur"!

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:59 AM   #4
Jim W

I am on my second 5er and never had any mice problems when the campers have been storage. (Knock on wood). My campers have been stored out in the open in a storage lot by farm fields.

When buying our first 5er, I asked the selling dealer principle what would he recommend to prevent mice from entering the camper when in storage. He stated do not store any food, water or any item that has been used to cook on when the camper is in storage. Make sure the camper is cleaned before storing. Than place Irish Green soap bars throughout the camper (I do not place any bars on carpets in the living area). I put between two and three bars in each basement near the compartment access doors. One bar by each leg, which supports the front of the camper and I closed off the opening around the legs also. I will than place one bar in each cabinet area on the floor and place several bars out in the open also.

This seems to work for the last 6 years for me with no issues.
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #5
Terry&Carol

Red face Them mices

I live out in the sticks, my nieghbours are cows & farms. Thru thr years they have taught me how to keep them out of 2 cars, 1 truck, 1 trailer, & 2 boats that get stored at the end of their seasons. Fill every crack and crany with dryer sheets! Spray all supports (trailers tires, jacks, stabilizers) with spearmint oil. Place dryer sheet under the vehicles and drive right over them when we park in the garage. Put poision down all over the garage, garden shed, to feed them meecses. It works for us, even the guys come spring comment on how nice the boats smell with that spring sent. LOL
Terry&Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #6
Badboy

They have to be bounce dryer sheets in all drawers,cabinets,and all doors,and steel wool in any place where there is any kind of hole or opening,and in the power cord door.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #7
chuck&gail

I put an ultrasonic gadget under our TT in a Tupperware dish with holes drilled in it. Sits on top of a cinderblock and runs 24x7x365. Even though we live very rural, and enjoy watching foxes and birds catch mice in the meadow in front of our house, we have had no mice in our stored TT in over 20 years so far. Sure works for us.

We run ultrasonic gadget off TT battery, and keep battery charged with 20 watts of solar.
2010 Ford Expedition TV
2010 Outback 230RS Toybox, 5390# UVW, 6800# Loaded
Not yet camped in Hawaii, 2 Canada Provinces, & 2 Territories
I can't be lost because I don't care where this lovely road is going
chuck&gail is offline   Reply With Quote