Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2018, 03:04 AM   #1
anuccite

Champion Dual Fuel 3400

Does anyone have this model?

Can I plug it in where my grill attaches (LP) or do I need to use supplied Regulator? Are the quick connect fittings the same? I think i would need a male to male fitting

eventually I'd like to TEE off right near my tanks, so I can leave this in the bed of the truck so i don't have to move it when i need to use it

anuccite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 01:19 PM   #2
arch113

I was curious too so I looked it up, found this:

I have several LP quick connects on my Jayco Eagle. Can I connect this generator to one of those quick connects to power this generator and also do I need to get another type of hose to do it?

Asked by srparks1 1 year ago
Open Reply - Champion Tech-The generator will not run properly if you hook up the regulated hose kit to a regulated source. It must be connected directly to a high pressure source. For further support, please call 877-338-0999 M-F 8:30AM - 5PM PST.

my travel trailer has a propane connection the same as this generator. Can I use this connection to run the generator, or do I need to regulate the pressure to another value?

Asked by 130steve 1 year ago
Open Reply - Champion Tech-No, this will not run the generator as it is not equipped to provide the necessary flow rate. You must use the provided hose kit and attach it to an unregulated source such as directly to the bottle.

I want to connect the generator to the auxiliary propane quick connect fitting that is already on my RV and not directly to a propane tank. Can I run a hose with male quick connects at each end to connect the generator to the aux fitting?

Asked by Bix1 1 year ago
Open Reply - Champion TechThe generator requires the pressure reducing valve from the included hose kit be used in line as well This is what controls the propane flow rate under load. The generator runs at 1/2 PSI with a maximum flow rate of 76,000 BTU/hr. You may need to contact your local propane supplier to find a way to incorporate this into your setup.

Source: https://www.championpowerequipment.c...fuel-inverter/
arch113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 03:21 PM   #3
travelin texans

Any appliance, grill, generator, etc that's equipped with a regulator has to be plumbed before (high pressure) the rv regulator or it won't have enough gas pressure, if not equipped with a regulator it must be plumbed after the rv regulator (low pressure) or too much pressure causes an unsafe condition.
As for quick disconnects, there are a variety of different styles for propane use & they must be of the same type/brand to be able to connect. DO NOT use quick connects designed for air hoses, use ONLY those designed for propane.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel