Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2017, 07:34 AM   #1
jsmith948

Cool weather camping

There is another thread on this topic but I didn't want to be guilty of a hijack (threadjack?)
We are currently camped at "The Vines RV Resort" in Paso Robles, CA. Staying put for 3 days so we can celebrate a late Christmas/early New Years with the DS and his family. New Year's day we'll move on over to San Simeon SP on the coast.
This is our first cool weather trip in our new 5er. The temps got down to 28/29 last night and we are happy with how the new rig performed. The fireplace kept us comfortable while we watched some t.v. in the evening and the furnace kept us cozy all night. The furnace in this trailer is an Atwood as apposed to the Suburban that was in the Cougar. Might be a little quieter, but that's pretty subjective. It kept the trailer warm and that is what is important.
I realize that, to most of you, this does not qualify as cold weather camping, but, this is as close as we get here in central CA

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:56 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Great to hear. As you said, brand doesn’t really matter as long as it works!!

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:43 PM   #3
jkohler70

It gets colder than that here in MO, but most campgrounds shut off water on October 31st. I only know of one around here with heated water bibs, so there isn't much opportunity to camp in colder weather (if I wanted).
3 years ago I was packing up camp at the end of October and heard a loud noise coming toward me. It was a surprise sleet storm. With lightning and thunder! DW and daughter wouldn't even come out and help me!