Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2016, 04:45 PM   #1
rsl

Black Tank Odor Issue

We purchased our Fuzion 371 in April and after just a couple days of using it noticed the black tank odor was bad. This was not our first camper and in our last one we almost never had any black tank odor (after week stays with temps in the upper 80's+ we got a little bit but that was it). Well this fusion even with cool temperatures and only 1 or 2 days of use the odor gets so bad after use flush the toilet that you have to open the vent afterwards.

I took it to a local service center to have a list of warranty items taken care of and this item was on the list. The dealer said they checked it and found no problems. I provided the dealer with a tyoed list of issues and this is what was on it for this issue "8. Check to make sure front black tank vent properly, strong odors in RV". I thought that was pretty clear. Again service center sheet said "Checked, No Problem Found".

Well I knew we could not keep having this odor issue so I began looking for solutions. I found the Lippert 360 siphon RV vent and decided to give it a try. It arrived today and on the roof I went. First step was to unscrew and take off the cap to the vent; which I did. Upon looking in pipe I noticed something odd so I got a flashlight and inspected. The hole was completely blocked with a nice round piece of the interior ceiling, flat across pipe about 16 inches down. Only opening in it was about a 1/4 inch hole in one side. So I then checked the other two vents and found a piece of the ceiling in the gray tank vent, however this was only partial piece about 12 inches down. I got a coat hanger and managed to fish them out in one piece.

So I think I most likely solved the odor issue, wont know until next week. And Yes I went ahead and installed the 360 siphon (which was a very easy install BTW).
rsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 04:59 PM   #2
rsl

Re: Black Tank Odor Issue

Here are the pictures of the issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Black Tank Vent.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	11458   Click image for larger version

Name:	gRAY tANK vENT.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	11459   Click image for larger version

Name:	PIECES FOUND.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	11460  
rsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 05:30 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

I would take the pics, original punch list with the "findings" and have a serious sit down with the service manager and GM. This is the kind of stuff that gives a dealership a bad name. If it were me, I would ask that the tech be in the meeting to explain his lack of thoroughness.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:02 AM   #4
jsmith948

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I would take the pics, original punch list with the "findings" and have a serious sit down with the service manager and GM. This is the kind of stuff that gives a dealership a bad name. If it were me, I would ask that the tech be in the meeting to explain his lack of thoroughness.
This^^^^^ - and, I think that next time I would spend my money somewhere else.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank