Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2016, 06:03 PM   #1
kink2227

2015 passport leaks

Anyone else have issues with passports leaking? I owned my 2015 for a few months before I had water cause the front wall to delaminate and need replacing. Now I was washing my trailer and I found water under the rear lower bunk. My model is 2650bh. The front wall was done under warranty and it's set to go back for this new leak. The service from my dealer has been great and keystone so far has had no problem warranting the repairs. I am just starting to be disappointed with all these leaks.
kink2227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:57 AM   #2
mfifield01

The rear lower bunk could be the water heater leaking. On my first trip, I saw some water coming out from that area on my 2810bh. I pulled up the wood and realized it was coming from the pipe seal. The dealership put some teflon tape on it and it seems fine now.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:51 AM   #3
Tbos

Had a small leak in the pass through of my 2810. They replaced the seal and it's good. No other leaks that I know of. Let us know what it ends up being.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 02:27 PM   #4
kink2227

I actually thought the same thing about the water heater. I pulled the bunk cover and it's all dry around the water heater. I am thinking it's the vent Stack for the bathroom. I will let you guys know what they find.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:42 PM   #5
esmoglo

My 2016 2810BH has the same leak thought it was the water heater lines were quite a bit loose tightened up seemed fine and on the 5th day of camping again I had water under the bunk can’t tell were its coming from.
esmoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:44 AM   #6
kink2227

esmoglo My 2016 2810BH has the same leak thought it was the water heater lines were quite a bit loose tightened up seemed fine and on the 5th day of camping again I had water under the bunk can’t tell were its coming from.

Mine is at the dealer now so I'll let you know what they find. My water heater is drained and the trailer is still winterized so I know for sure its not the water heater. I noticed it after washing the roof and exterior. The worse part is on the way to the dealer I drove in some heavy rain and it didn't leak a drop. I hope the find something.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:36 AM   #7
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kink2227 View Post
esmogloMy 2016 2810BH has the same leak thought it was the water heater lines were quite a bit loose tightened up seemed fine and on the 5th day of camping again I had water under the bunk can’t tell were its coming from.

Mine is at the dealer now so I'll let you know what they find. My water heater is drained and the trailer is still winterized so I know for sure its not the water heater. I noticed it after washing the roof and exterior. The worse part is on the way to the dealer I drove in some heavy rain and it didn't leak a drop. I hope the find something.

Sounds like a seal on a window or the cargo door. I've seen where some had issues with the top of the hinge needing to be sealed. Hope they figure it out for you.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:05 PM   #8
kink2227

So I called the dealer to check the progress on the leak under the bunk and a concern I had with the rear left corner of the roof looking like the roof boards are coming up from the roof beams. They informed me that the back section is taking in water and has some damage. They believe that's how the water is making it under the bunk. They didn't tell me a whole lot yet because they are still waiting on keystone to aurthorize the repairs for warranty.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:08 PM   #9
kink2227

This is starting to make me worry about keeping this trailer after the warranty is up. It seems like it was never right from day one. I don't know what other options I have. I bought this in the fall of 2015 and used it twice. Put a total of maybe 300 miles on it. Had a major entire front wall replacement and now the rear is giving me issues.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:09 PM   #10
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kink2227 View Post
So I called the dealer to check the progress on the leak under the bunk and a concern I had with the rear left corner of the roof looking like the roof boards are coming up from the roof beams. They informed me that the back section is taking in water and has some damage. They believe that's how the water is making it under the bunk. They didn't tell me a whole lot yet because they are still waiting on keystone to aurthorize the repairs for warranty.

Better that they catch that now rather than later. I hope the repair goes quickly so you don't miss out on much of the season. If your dealer hasn't heard back from Keystone in a few days I'd talk to your dealer warranty rep and find out if they have called to follow up. I had an issue where the dealers service dept, warranty rep and keystone were having trouble communicating. I called Keystone found out what they wanted the dealer to do and then called the dealer back. A couple days later they called and said it wasn't a defect and there would be no issues so it was ready to pick up. So far so good.