Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #21
Wild Wild Qwest

JP, if I were you, I would go to Indian Valley (IVCC) for service. They are an authorized Keystone dealer and provide excellent customer service.

Good luck!
Wild Wild Qwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:26 PM   #22
The Sod Father

Update - the seals were installed by Cletus and friends. And with that, I wished the dealer good luck. All future warranty work will be done at the Keystone dealer 3 miles from my house. I really wished he could sell the Bullet because I would have given him my business in a heart beat. They do a great job in service. Sales too as I bought my pop up from them in 2003.
www.ivccrv.com
Tekonsha Prodigy playing the role of brake control
The Sod Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:02 AM   #23
The Sod Father

Sigh... Looks like one of the windows is still leaking. Upon further inspection, I noticed that the gasket on one of the allegedly repaired windows has a 3/4" gap where both ends of the gasket are supposed to meet. Plus, the gap is at the top of the window, where water is most likely to come in. Not sure what the logic was when they put this seal in, but I am taking it to another dealer.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:26 AM   #24
Handysam

Previous to our 327RES we owned a 2007 Rockwood TT. The front window leaked from day one. Several trip to the dealer for repair resulted in a window that still leaked. This of course was after the service department swore they tested it with a hose.

Long story short my hubby took the window out himself replaced the butyl tape and reinstalled. Voila... NO MORE LEAKING...

We didn't go back to that dealer when we were looking for 5th wheels because their service department was a NIGHTMARE run by Cletus himself...

Service after the sale is SO IMPORTANT!!! Good luck with your issue, keep us posted.

Lauren
Old 07-10-2011, 06:21 AM   #25
The Sod Father

The leaking front window in Rockwood/Flagstaff Signature Ultra Light series is very common. I had the same issue in my 8317SS. One of my best campering buddies has the same floorplan with the same leak. My Rockwood dealer went out of business. My buddies dealer said, "you should keep your trailer covered". Yep, that was his solution.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:50 AM   #26
therink

Reading about this poor service reminded me of a story. A few years back I bought a one year old TT from CW. Before signing the papers I came up with a small punch list of things that needed repairing before I took delivery. I had them list all 3 of the repairs on the sales order. One of the items was to replace awning fabric due to 12" rear over the door. They called me a few days later and told me the repairs were made and it was ready for delivery. I came in the following Saturday, inspected the trailer and none of the 3 items were repaired, or even looked at for that matter, even though the service order indicated the repairs were made. Yes, the awning still had the 12" tear.
I believe they actually thought I wouldn't open and check the awning until I got home (which would then be my problem). They played stupid and ended up fixing everything, but not without further hesitation on their part. I am convinced that this is the nature of the rv dealer network as a whole. I have yet to find a honest dealership.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:31 PM   #27
jcgib81

Angry Another Punch List person

I have been checking out this forum to no end. I love the information. I wonder if Keystone is looking and listening.
I had a 2007 Starcraft Antigua 21sso for 5 years.
Punch List:
1. No knob for window crank. Fedexed to me three days later by rv
dealer where purchased on Long Island.

New owner of 2012 Keystone Bullet Premier 31BHPR.
Punch ListAfter 2 trips.)
1. Water filer under sink leaks.
2. Screws on 4 yes 4 cabinet doors stripped and doors falling off
3. Support for drivers side rear faring/trim over the wheels broke, and
losssened the lower trim.
4. Rear outdoor kitchen door out of alignment.
5. Front screen door does not catch.
6. Rear door to bathroom does not lock/line up.
7. Trim/.molding on dining room not complete/missing 5 inch piece.
8. Light bulbs in bedroom blew out after 1 hour. both.
9. Gas line for hose/outdoor kitchen burner is within 1/2 inch to fit. Don't
you think 1 inch extra would make life easier.
10. Black tank handle/pull bar too short. It constantly leaked fluid.
11. Caulk in tub and kitchen sink sub par/messy and slowly leaking.

I have to travel 2 hours to have warranty service from Camping World New Jersey where I bought it. After the sales problems I would rather fix it myself.
I know it is my own fault. Just venting.
Keystone are you listening???
Jim Gibson
Blue Point,NY

PS. I have had a great experience with keystone direct. I can't explain, but they were great with a modification.
jcgib81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #28
The Sod Father

HA! I also have items 3, 4, 5 and 11 on your list. BTW - a follow up to the Cletus incident. I called my sales guy and told him that while I was really happy with the sales process, the service end of the business, in a word, sucked. I gave him all of the details and he apologized profusely. He also said he wanted to make things right and was going to chat with the owner of the dealership in the morning. Stay tuned.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:17 AM   #29
The Sod Father

I was out of town for a few days and followed up with the sales guy again. He put me through to the owner who, unbeknownst to me, did the PDI on our Bullet. I gave him the whole story and told him how the window was still leaking. Like the sales guy, he apologized over and over again and said that he too wanted to make things right. Unlike the sales guy, he also said that he worked very hard to build the dealership and was going to have a long hard chat with the service department as this was not the first incident. He also promised to follow up with me later today and again said he would do whatever it takes to make things right.

I just want my window fixed and a few other things that popped up during out last trip. I am, however, going to suggest that washing and waxing my trailer was a real chore and, it would be great if, when I picked up my trailer it was magically washed and waxed. I don't think I am asking too much. What do you folks think?
Old 07-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #30
Bob Landry

After I got my new Outback home(the dealer is 150 miles away) I noticed that the trailer did not have an inspection sticker on it.(Required in Texas over a certain weight). I called the dealer and asked why it wasn't inspected and the service writer told me it was it wasn't necessary because if I ever got stopped, the cop would be looking at the inspection on the truck, not the trailer and that nobody ever got stopped for lack of a trailer inspection sticker.
I'm sure that some surly DPS Trooper would buythat explanation in a heartbeat. Right.. Right after he handed me the ticket. I took the trailer to a local dealer and got it inspected.

You know, I'm really believing some of the things I'm reading here. You just can't make this stuff up.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote