Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2014, 03:15 AM   #1
lspajm

Cab Fresh

For the folks that use cab fresh - how much do you use in your camper? I have a 35' Passport 3220BH - 1 pack in the front and 1 pack in the back??? or throw a pack under the sink, one in the bathroom???

http://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Cab-Rode...ords=cab+fresh

Thanks!
Andy

(This post originally appeared in a winterizing thread in Repairs and Maintenance and has been moved here.)
2010 Ford F-250 Diesel FX4, Crew Cab, 6.5 ft bed
lspajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I buy the "four pack" and put two of the packets in the trailer, one under the boat cover (near the motor) and one in my tractor (under the hood near the instrument panel). For the UTV's, one under the dash and for the ATV's, one tucked up above the engine.

I change them out about halfway through the winter and just toss the old ones around the corners of the pole barn. I collect them all at the end of the season and throw them in the trash.

Winter here means about 5 or 6 months, so that means changing them for new, fresh ones about every 3 months.

So far, no signs of or damage from mice, rats and it even keeps the chipmunks at bay.

Before using Cab Fresh I always had piles of acorn hulls in the pole barn along with the "other stuff", but since using it the last several years, no hulls, no damage and no "stuff" to clean up in the spring. It sure beats trying to keep the dog out of the pole barn so he doesn't get to the DeCon or other poison.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 06:55 AM   #3
Yak

List price????

List Price: $1,995.00
Price: $13.13 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details
You Save: $1,981.87 (99%)
Old 01-18-2015, 11:57 AM   #4
RonC455

I ordered my Cab Fresh through Walmart, I want to say it was under twenty dollars for a four pack. I used two of them this winter in my Loredo 294RK. I haven't found any mice nests, but they do leave proof they have been there. A lot of mouse droppings But no nests. I went ahead and set out my traps last week. One victim so far.
RonC455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 06:51 PM   #5
tmpaes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspajm View Post
For the folks that use cab fresh - how much do you use in your camper? I have a 35' Passport 3220BH - 1 pack in the front and 1 pack in the back??? or throw a pack under the sink, one in the bathroom???

http://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Cab-Rode...ords=cab+fresh

Thanks!
Andy

(This post originally appeared in a winterizing thread in Repairs and Maintenance and has been moved here.)
I buy the 4-pack just as in your link. I put all 4 in the coach. I figure $12 is cheap enough to make sure I keep the little demons out of the trailer. I do it once in the spring and then again in the fall.

tmpaes is offline   Reply With Quote