Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2014, 11:46 AM   #21
crohill

I do worry about how a super light TT will hold up. I feel bad for you.. you go with what is told to be the best...and it give you misery. Dealer can fix..but they are going to use the same materials. Maybe these light weights just were not meant for long trips.

2014 Keystone Passport 2920BH

2005 GMC Yukon 5.3L 3.42 ratio with trans cool and
Heavy Duty Tow Package

Pro Series WD Hitch with Dual Sway Bars.

Previous trailer was 2006 Fleetwood Orbit hybrid 20'
crohill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:09 PM   #22
Floton

"Think we are going to trade up if we can"

I had more problems with my very expensive Montana than I have had after downsizing to my Passport 2650. My point is trading up isn't always an answer
Floton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:01 PM   #23
RGene7001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floton View Post
"Think we are going to trade up if we can"

I had more problems with my very expensive Montana than I have had after downsizing to my Passport 2650. My point is trading up isn't always an answer
Agree. Very few problems, definitely nothing major or structural. Needed to upgrade a few things

Gene.

'13 Passport 2650 BH- traded in
RGene7001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:32 AM   #24
{tpc}

I've only been on one trip so far and it was only about 32 miles one way. Our passport didn't have any problems (other than the dinette table when we turned it into a bed after we got there), nothing opened or seemed to break. There were a few bumpy spots but nothing major, other than a RR track we had to cross both ways.

We will be taking a much longer trip at the end of next month, about 200 miles one way, so will see how she fairs then.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:01 AM   #25
BirchyBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by {tpc} View Post
I've only been on one trip so far and it was only about 32 miles one way. Our passport didn't have any problems (other than the dinette table when we turned it into a bed after we got there), nothing opened or seemed to break. There were a few bumpy spots but nothing major, other than a RR track we had to cross both ways.

We will be taking a much longer trip at the end of next month, about 200 miles one way, so will see how she fairs then.
+1 here. We went 24 miles round trip a couple weeks ago. We're leaving for a 5k mile trip on 5/23.
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:46 AM   #26
CHIEF MK

Time will tell I guess. The rockwood looks pretty solid. I went over everything on it, that I had troubles with on the passport, and found it to be built better.

For one the bed. You would not beleive how well built the frame , the bed lift, and the massive platform that the mattress sits on.

Before our last trip I had ordered a bedlift kit. I tried to install it, but ran into several problems with the passport. One, is that the entire thing is to cheaply made(liteweight), that once I installed the kit and tried to close the bed the sides of the bedframe bowed out to the point that if I would have pushed on it more the entire bedframe would have broke to pieces. I readjusted to try and take more pressure off the side of the bed, and even reinforced the sides. Didn't help a bit. The mattress sits on a 1/4 '' piece of plywood. The wood sides on the frame are cheap particale board or pannelling of some kind stapled to the 1x1'' frame material. I know it's a light weight trailer, and that how they get it lite.

I loved our trailer, but I don't think it would have held up for us in the long term. I'm older and I need to stop all this buying of RV's, and get back to the mission at hand, and that is camping very comfortable with no worries of equipment failure due to lite weight materials.

Will this Windjammer be trouble free? of course not. I'm sure I will run into problems as well, but the things I was l looking for that had failed on the passport are rock solid on the Windjammer, That's all.
CHIEF MK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 02:32 PM   #27
Wantoride

Update....... I know it's been a while but guess what! The large valence and shade came off this week, trip number 6. About 2000 miles. Elders glue and toothpicks will fix it!
Old 10-01-2014, 05:48 AM   #28
Lholestine

I have a 2013 3220 bh. The only issue I've had with the passport itself, minus a refrigerator ignition board, is the 90 degree elbows in the plumbing. I've replaced every one as they all have leaked. Now I keep a couple extras o hand. Easy to do, just a pain after you get to campground, sit down with a beer to relax and have one of the kids say, dad there's water on the floor again. I'm pretty sure I've found them all, but you never know. Our above the sink cabinet doors have come open during transit once, we tie them shut before leaving now. Love the camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lholestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 05:42 AM   #29
PT RV`er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lholestine View Post
I have a 2013 3220 bh. The only issue I've had with the passport itself, minus a refrigerator ignition board, is the 90 degree elbows in the plumbing. I've replaced every one as they all have leaked. Now I keep a couple extras o hand. Easy to do, just a pain after you get to campground, sit down with a beer to relax and have one of the kids say, dad there's water on the floor again. I'm pretty sure I've found them all, but you never know. Our above the sink cabinet doors have come open during transit once, we tie them shut before leaving now. Love the camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I`ve got a rig similar to yours. So far to date, one issue that is being fixed right now. We got back off a 2 week trip and during the trip, I lost my antenna feed. Come to find out, there is a union connection between the run from the antenna to the junction box inside. It was obvious when I checked it out myself and found a gray coax on the roof and found a white coax coming into the junction box. Looks like they are removing the antenna mount assembly to find where this union is at and fix it. Luckily it`s still under warranty. Other than that issue, I`ve had no other issues with this rig.

PT RV`er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 02:57 PM   #30
lspajm

I have a 2011 3220bh and only issue I had was a bowing floor in the bathroom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 Ford F-250 Diesel FX4, Crew Cab, 6.5 ft bed
lspajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 03:35 PM   #31
Javi

Hopefully my Passport will move on tomorrow to another owner, its been a good enough trailer just not the one I want to spend the rest of my life with.. Finally worked up the courage to divorce her and move on with a new Cougar... Now its up to the finance gods as to whether this is a match made in heaven or hell..
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 04:23 PM   #32
JRTJH
Site Team

Javi,

When the tree fell on our Springdale, we were in much the same situation. We were leaving the "known and reliable" and moving up to another brand from Keystone. We were "sure about it" but still "concerned about whether we were making the right move" Once we got the Cougar home, moved our stuff into it and did a few mods (LED lights, Oxygenics showerhead, etc) we wondered why we waited so long LOL

Good luck and let's hope the "finance gods" get things worked out for you.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote