Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #1
cathy1bob2

Question about Trifold sofa in 2013 Bullet 217RBS

Is there a special filler cushion that sets between the seat & back rest when it is folded into a bed position? Currently we're told to use the back pillow. This pillow is not made from the same dense foam as seat & back hence the middle section sags terribly. Are we missing something?
cathy

PS: This is not a Premier Bullet.
cathy1bob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:46 PM   #2
vampress_me

I'm not positive they are the same. But if it's like our tri-fold sofa, the back piece behind the cushions folds down and fills in the space. Our cushions Velcro to the back piece, remove them, and fold down the back piece.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:58 PM   #3
bsmith0404

We looked at a few RVs that had this type of sofa bed. Seems like they are starting to go away from the air mattress. We didn't like them for the exact reason that you are complaining about. The way you are doing it is the same way it was shown to us. Our RV still has the air mattress, but it won't be long until they are all like yours or the scissor mattress.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:29 AM   #4
Kristi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampress_me View Post
I'm not positive they are the same. But if it's like our tri-fold sofa, the back piece behind the cushions folds down and fills in the space. Our cushions Velcro to the back piece, remove them, and fold down the back piece.
It's the same in our Cougar, fold down the back.

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:28 AM   #5
RamRider

I recommend that you add an air mattress after folding it out. It is pretty uncomfortable by itself. Not an issue for us, we almost always travel alone.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:14 PM   #6
Esai

Trifold Sleeper - comfort?

We have a Bullet 251RBS on order out of Vermont and are trying to decide if we should upgrade from the jackknife sofa to the trifold sleeper -- probably will never use it as a sleeper, but want a comfortable couch. Is your trifold comfortable to sit on? There's a $500 upgrade charge so I'm guessing the trifold is a better quality sofa, but we are far from the dealer and can't go sit on his in stock couches.

Thanks.

Priscilla
Northern NH
Esai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:55 PM   #7
vampress_me

[QUOTE=Esai;134104] Is your trifold comfortable to sit on? There's a $500 upgrade charge so I'm guessing the trifold is a better quality sofa, but we are far from the dealer and can't go sit on his in stock couches.
[\QUOTE]

I think ours is comfortable for sitting. For me, as comfortable as our leather couch at home - and the pleather starts out just as cold as leather! The one jackknife I sat on was in a 2 year old trailer, so maybe not a fair comparison since our trailer is new. I bought a clearance ottoman at Target with storage in it that I use also when sitting on the couch. For sleeping, it needs a foam topper we discovered when we tried it out last time camping.

But, I'm not sure it's $500 more comfortable, but I also choke when spending that much money. Is there another dealer closer you could go to just to sit on them and try for yourself?

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:15 PM   #8
curtm

We have a 251rbs with a Tri-fold sofa and I think it is very comfortable. In fact, I am sitting in it as I type this reply.
curtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:45 AM   #9
Esai

Thanks for the replies re: trifold

Thanks so much for the replies about the trifold. It sounds like it's a good choice. I would relax and read and watch TV on the bed but my husband reads and watches TV sitting up. This trailer order is starting to seem like a Barbie Doll -- many accessories so far except no Barbie Dream House for it yet.

Our 251RBS was supposed to come off line July 9th but now that we want the trifold sofa it's July 16th instead. Some other person is getting mine with the jackknife sofa on the 9th.

Would someone with a 251RBS report back as to plugs in it? Examining Internet photos, it seems there are two near the floor in the bedroom, one near the floor in the dinette area, a bathroom GFI near the sink and two near the ceiling on either side of the stove fan. I also think there is one outside on the side with the doors. Is there also a water thing near that plug for cleaning out the black tank? I can't figure out the logistics for the ceiling height plugs -- hanging cords down to a coffee pot? Our dealer said maybe we can get some extra plugs added once it arrives, that's not something the factory does. We are also adding a slider awning (dealer installing) and vent covers (dealer installing) and we opted for the Champagne color because that was thrown in for free.

Thanks so much!

Priscilla
Northern NH
Esai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:36 PM   #10
curtm

Our 251rbs has plugs on either side of the bed, one on either side of the microwave (on the underside of the cabinets), one down low by the dinette near the bathroom door, one by the bathroom sink and then one outside between the two doors. Hanging the cords down in the kitchen isn't too bad it just takes a little getting used too. Ours does not have a black tank clean out connection. We also have the slide awning and like it. The vent covers are great and we also have insect screens on the furnace, refrigerator and hot water tank vents to keep wasp nests out of there.
curtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:56 PM   #11
logspec1

trifold sofa

Back to cathy1bob2's original question. Does anyone know how to make this slepper sofa more comfortable. I tried putting a 2 inch foam pad over it but did not help much. Might have to go to the 4 inch gel memory foam pad. Keystone has to know how uncomfortable this is. I do not get the luxury of the good bed, that is for Nana and the grandkids. I have slept on the floor rather that the sofa bed. At least the floor does not sag in the middle. We had the 246rbs and it had the air mattress but we "upgraded" to the 30REPR and got this trifold sofa. It is great to sit on but if you have to sleep on it you are going to have a bad back in the morning.
5.0 V8 w/tow package
logspec1 is offline   Reply With Quote