Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2020, 03:49 PM   #1
KenJFerguson

Technical Drawings or Schematics for Holding Tanks

Our new-to-us 2014 Bullet 22RBPR has the thermal package which means all I see when looking under the trailer is the black plastic underbelly.

I can guess where the 43G freshwater tank is based on where the drain is, and found the 6G hot water tank under the stove but have no idea where the black and grey tanks are actually located, what dimensions they have and where the plumbing coming and going from them is routed.

It may be somewhere on this forum that the search function hasn't uncovered for me but I assume that there is a source of drawings for what's where under the covers... wire runs, piping, tanks etc Good to know before I do anything rash with all the great mods recommended on the forum : )

Ken
Old 11-29-2020, 04:00 PM   #2
Wyldfire

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...Wiring+diagram
Wyldfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:14 PM   #3
QCMan
Gone Traveling

The black tank is located directly under the toilet. Typically, the gray will be next to or close to it. When you look under the unit where the drain handles are, you just might be able to see that one is attached to a large pipe and that is your black drain and the one that is left is the gray. The black is usually a straight out of the tank affair. As far as finding drawings, it seems that even the factory does not have them. The drains going to the gray tank, except for the shower which may be right over the gray tank, will be located in the lower cabinets and will be black pipe.
The wire runs in your unit are probably different from the one made before it and the one made after it. Someone on the forums may have the same unit or experience with it and can tell you the size of the black and gray tanks.
QCMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:16 PM   #4
wiredgeorge

I suspect that appliances and other electrical components are pretty much the same for a particular model in a particular product line. I suspect tanks are pretty much identical location. The issue comes in when the line worker(s) who put in electrical connections and wiring or plumbing and running pex probably just have the materials and are on their own. One guy likely gets the hang of a particular trailer wiring or plumbing job and does them all pretty much the same but the guy on the next shift? who knows?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 05:48 PM   #5
NH_Bulldog

Based on your floorplan, the black tank is almost to the rear, directly under the toilet. The grey tank will be slightly forward of that, probably in line with the pantry and fridge but unlikely to be further forward than the slide-out. Waste tank volumes are likely to be 30 gallons each.

As far as routing the waste drains, the toilet “dumps” straight down into the black tank and vents to the roof in the wall behind the toilet. The bathroom shower runs forward through the wall and into the space under the pantry and then down into the grey tank. The bathroom sink and outdoor sink tie into each other and run forward under the inside refrigerator compartment and down into the grey tank. The kitchen sink drain runs to the rear behind the oven/range and into the refrigerator compartment and down into the grey tank. The grey tank vent runs up the side of the main refrigerator compartment to the roof and terminates under the same oblong vent cover in the roof for the refrigerator.

All that being said, I have seen the same models built on the same day come through plumbed and wired completely different from each other......so use this info as a starting point and verify if it is accurate for your particular unit.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 06:06 PM   #6
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJFerguson View Post
Our new-to-us 2014 Bullet 22RBPR has the thermal package which means all I see when looking under the trailer is the black plastic underbelly.
Package or no, that's pretty much all anybody sees under their trailer now.
Old 12-01-2020, 05:37 PM   #7
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJFerguson View Post
Our new-to-us 2014 Bullet 22RBPR...
I can guess where the 43G freshwater tank is based on where the drain is, and found the 6G hot water tank under the stove but have no idea where the black and grey tanks are actually located, what dimensions they have and where the plumbing coming and going from them is routed.
Ken
Ken, check again, but I would bet 43G freshwater is the cold tank plus the water heater. I know it is off subject but I thought you may need to know if applicable.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:36 PM   #8
Roscommon48

you are just naive. there are no diagrams. you need to do trial/error. take bottom off and go from there.
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 05:49 PM   #9
JJaxon

In the last few months I have tried unsuccessfully to obtain layout schematics, drawings, from Keystone, as they boasted on a youtube video they produced about chassis and frame...

I asked the question about getting an electrical schematic, tank and plumbing layout, they referred me to the Keystone Owners CS #, who told me no such thing exists. I know better, but will not argue, so I went back to the video and told them it didn't work. Suggested my dealer, so I tried that route. I have a great relationship with a dealer service advisor, he said they never saw such a thing. Again went back to the Keystone video to comment, strike 2, and they suggested I msg them my last 8 of vin # through FB. So, I joined FB just for that reason, sent the requested info, and,,,,, steeeriiikke 3. The FB arm of Keystone said they cant provide that info. No other explanation given. I suspect proprietary, but also know that not all are built to spec every time. They will protect their own interests. It's likely a legal thing, or potential to be, so they are locked up.

I asked my dealer what do they do is they get one in that needs drawings, he said they open it up and look, make their own assessments, repair and close it back up.
I did google it and found an electrical wire chart for my RV, but it does not show layout.
2018 Honda Goldwing DCT Tour
Andersen Ultimate hitch
Youtube channel - Wingin' it with John
JJaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 05:57 PM   #10
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJaxon View Post
I asked my dealer what do they do is they get one in that needs drawings, he said they open it up and look, make their own assessments, repair and close it back up.
I did google it and found an electrical wire chart for my RV, but it does not show layout.
When I worked at dealerships, the ONLY manufacturer that would send any technical drawings was Jayco. Newmar would provide a set of technical drawings with each motorhome sold, I can’t say if they still do since Winnebago bought them. We always just dropped the underbelly, assessed the problem, got authorization to repair. Did the repair and closed the belly up.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 07:33 PM   #11
KenJFerguson

That makes sense and what I half expected and certainly hoped for.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:35 PM   #12
KenJFerguson

The 'drop the belly' idea has been proposed a couple of times... seems reasonable other than the many screws to remove but will likely have to do it anyway to fix the soft floor and the bolt heads coming up through the vinyl flooring in the kitchen.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:39 PM   #13
KenJFerguson

I think I understand what you are saying ... 6G hot tank capacity + 37G cold = 43 freshwater capacity. I have a flow meter in my Amazon cart that I'll use to check that out during de-winterization while the hot water bypass is still on.

Tags
tank