Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2020, 02:39 PM   #41
BookPaul74

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
It’s not just an Alpine issue! Our bath faucet is so short only my 7 year old can actually wash her hands UNDER the faucet. One of my winter projects is to replace it with one that not only has more rise but more projection out over the sink.
You might look at what they call bar facet. I put one on a old bathroom vanity in the laundry room in my house. I’ll be looking to replace the plastic bathroom facet in my Cougar.

Had to adjust the weight on the kitchen sink, it kept catching on the edge of the shelf underneath the sink.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-Foundations-2-Handle-Bar-Faucet-in-Chrome-B28911LF/203426296
BookPaul74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:02 AM   #42
Dohmanp

I have a silly question. Am I the only RV owner that has a bathroom sink faucet that squeals when the faucet is turned? And I mean a high decimal squeal? You will not miss it or be able to ignore it.
Is there a fix to the issue?
Dohmanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:33 AM   #43
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dohmanp View Post
I have a silly question. Am I the only RV owner that has a bathroom sink faucet that squeals when the faucet is turned? And I mean a high decimal squeal? You will not miss it or be able to ignore it.
Are you sure it's coming from the faucet and not the PEX tubing under the sink? If it's the faucet, then probably "valve stem chatter", a vibration caused by water flowing over a "defect in the valve surfaces". If your faucet has replaceable valve stems, get a new one for the offending faucet handle. If it doesn't have replaceable valve stems, then a new faucet is the only way I know of to fix it.

Some have tried silicone lubricant applied to the bottom of the valve stem (hoping it will be pushed up, into the valve to help with the vibration. Even if it does work, it's going to be a "limited life fix".

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 11:37 AM   #44
LHaven

Quote:
I have a silly question. Am I the only RV owner that has a bathroom sink faucet that squeals when the faucet is turned? And I mean a high decimal squeal?
Congratulations, you very well may be, at least here. I haven't seen this complaint go by before.

Conversely, if you had an RV with a black water flush fitting that did not squeal, you might be the only one here for that as well. I was in a campground last month that had such low water pressure that when it came time to flush my black tank, my backflow valve was silent. It frightened the heck out of me.
LHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 12:09 PM   #45
Jimmy240

Mine don’t leak or anything, but they suck when it comes to ease of functionality. The bathroom faucet is too short and my kitchen faucet doesn’t have retractable sprayer. I have a Springdale so not the base model, but not far above it. Haha!
Jimmy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 01:31 PM   #46
LHaven

Out of curiosity, does your Springdale have full-size kitchen drawers?

When I bought my Cougar I was dismayed to find that not only was a common plastic flatware insert too long for the drawer, but several of my common kitchen knives simply didn't fit unless we stored them diagonally. Opening the cupboard under the sink, I discovered that Keystone had reserved an insane amount of free space to accommodate the lower end hoses for the retractable kitchen faucet, making the drawers much shorter than they needed to be. I considered lengthening them all, but it was too much effort for the return value.
Old 07-11-2021, 01:50 PM   #47
ChuckS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy240 View Post
Mine don’t leak or anything, but they suck when it comes to ease of functionality. The bathroom faucet is too short and my kitchen faucet doesn’t have retractable sprayer. I have a Springdale so not the base model, but not far above it. Haha!
Why not just go upgrade the faucets to residential quality faucets and you will be much happier…Home Depot or Lowe’s will have what you want with a variety of choices.

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 02:56 PM   #48
Jimmy240

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Out of curiosity, does your Springdale have full-size kitchen drawers?

When I bought my Cougar I was dismayed to find that not only was a common plastic flatware insert too long for the drawer, but several of my common kitchen knives simply didn't fit unless we stored them diagonally. Opening the cupboard under the sink, I discovered that Keystone had reserved an insane amount of free space to accommodate the lower end hoses for the retractable kitchen faucet, making the drawers much shorter than they needed to be. I considered lengthening them all, but it was too much effort for the return value.
I have two drawers to the right of the stove that measure 11W X 12 3/4L (internally). They aren’t anything to right home about, but they’re perfect for utensils and whatnot.

Luckily I have two more drawers on the back side of the sink that are a bit larger for pots, pans and whatnot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FFEEAC7F-1552-4A47-B368-BAA38731BC63.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	34641   Click image for larger version

Name:	72A8BC10-E53D-4E3B-95D7-029989CF59C5.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	34642  
Old 07-11-2021, 02:59 PM   #49
Jimmy240

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Why not just go upgrade the faucets to residential quality faucets and you will be much happier…Home Depot or Lowe’s will have what you want with a variety of choices.
Oh it’s on the list for sure! I was actually looking the other day, but went with a few other items I needed before replacing the faucets.
Old 07-12-2021, 02:26 AM   #50
jimborokz

Quote:
We had this problem and I couldn't fix it. I tried to lube it to no avail. It was so cheap I couldn't get it apart to access the stems. So I replace it with this:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Pfister-Son...ain/1000025511

Very happy with the end result.
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpine, keystone