Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2018, 12:20 PM   #1
Freddie P

Unhappy 2018 cougar 5th wheel

We have a new Cougar 366 RDS. We have taken it out 3x and cannot get the satellite to work at all. We have a put in a new receiver, but nothing. The signal meter finds what we need, but it just doesn’t connect to the tv or receiver. We sure would appreciate any help. 2 more things, we cannot get cable in the living are either but we can connect to cable in the bedroom.
Freddie P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:50 PM   #2
Tinner12002

Well your sat won't run through your ant booster so you have to make sure your hooked to a coax that is marked or is a dedicated sat line. Second, is to check the cables on the back side of the coax plugs and make sure they are connected properly and that they are crimped good. If you have a double coax plug in behind your main tv you might try after checking previous items, hooking your tv receiver to the other coax outlet.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:15 PM   #3
cjturnbow

Run your coax directly from your satellite antenna, thru a window, to the receiver, then to the TV. This should tell you if the wiring in your new camper is screwed up. I have a 2018 Montana and I found the same problems. Loose ends, some I pulled off with my fingers. They have satellite wires run through a splitter, not good. I eventually put in a separate designated jack on the outside of the camper for my satellite only, works great! Good luck!
cjturnbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:03 PM   #4
travelin texans

Every time you hook up your tv either through antenna (booster must be "ON") or cable (booster "OFF") you have to go to settings on your tv & set to whichever your connected to & the scan the channels. The connections behind the booster only split cable & antenna & from there go to splitters, which are usually hidden well, routing to multiple tv's.
This is for OTA or cable, I don't have satellite so can't give any advice on it.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, cougar