Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
Str8shooter

Tire Blowout Pics

Just sharing a few pictures of the damage to our 2011 Raptor 300MP TH after a tire blowout. Took out the sheet metal siding, fender fairing as well as damage to the corrugated plastic bottom sheeting. Note the bent steel piece on the step frame and the black tire marks on the rear door.

I always maintain the max 80 PSI air pressure on the TV and 5'er and keep our speed at 60 MPH or less but it didn't help during our recent trip. Tires are TowMaster's (china bombs!) with over 6,700 miles on them since taking delivery of the trailer in July 2010. Stamp dates on the tires were current.

I've read just about every RV forum tire post out there so not certain where exactly I will go with our next set - Michelin XPS Ribs, Goodyear G614's, Maxxis, etc.

I've read about the damage a blowout can cause but until this experience had never seen it first hand.

Rick & Carol
16k Pullrite SuperGlide w/SuperRails
2011 Polaris Ranger XP 800
Str8shooter is offline   Reply With Quote