Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2023, 09:05 AM   #21
formyfelinebabies

No numbers

You will get plenty of better answers here based on numbers hours and what else you are running.
My brain does not work that way. I freely admit I turn it on and when and if battery runs low I deal with it. I’m the one at the truck stop the truck drivers walk over to ask what size engine I have and what’s my mpg then they are horrified to hear, I don’t know, when it hits 1/4 tank I stop and fill up. (My Aladdin knows but I don’t… and frankly I think they just were trying to get my attention and that usually ended it&#128527

Men every where are cringing and shaking their heads right now….

In my quantum sprinter with one crappy wet cell and one 190 roof Solar I ran my fridge 24x7
I used it for grocery shopping so it was rarely full except coming home. In Florida sun that’s all I needed. I would sit in it couple days watch a little TV but that’s it.
My feeling (not knowledge) is you will last as long as you need if you are using your systems to its best advantage.

I remember a recent post by Mr Clemons when he took a new lithium unit out for the weekend. That would be a good read for you…
formyfelinebabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 09:43 AM   #22
rlh1957

As said it depends on how much power your fridge consumes. There are newer low power models coming out every year. Not sure how well they keep up in hot sweltering summer heat.
On 12V DC power, every light that’s on, indicator light burning draws some power.

Lets say you just ran your fridge, no TV or other power accessories, no sun to recharge the batteries, no AC power used through inverter, inverter turned off as it draws power sitting there.
So you’re just keeping the milk and drinks cold… 12V fridge probably runs for two days.

You can gather all the operating power draw from everything snd figure up a rough power consumption sheet or easier yet…
Driveway camp.
Easy in the drive as you are at a base as back up.
Test your rig out.
Remember boon-docking, every-time you turn on the water, shower, flush or wash your hands your 12V water pump runs.

Driveway camping is a great way to test your rig systems out.

2020 Cougar Half Ton 29RKS Fifth Wheel
2019 F350 4WD Lariat SRW 6.7 Diesel Super Duty
Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch - JT Strongarm TST509 TPMS- 2200W(8)Solar Panels - 600AH BattleBorn Lithium Batteries. 3000W Victron MultiPlus Inverter
SoftStartRV on both AC’s - Predator 3500 generator
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 08:03 AM   #23
Stircrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizwilson View Post
Can anyone give me an idea how long the fridge 10cu ft 12v will run with the 400i with 2 100ah lithium batteries run? We boondock much of the time. Thanks
2023 KEYSTONE COUGAR 24RDS
your going to have to look in the maunal for the fridge and see what the maximum amprage it is reated for. the devide your 200AH by that amprage and thats the minimum time you can go if you run nothing else and your fridge runs 100% of the time, from there that time will increase depending on the duity cycle that fridge is running one so the hotter it is the more it runs the more you open the door the more it runs, the colder it is the smaller the run duity cycle is. from there the other difference is the amount of 12v you use for lights and such.

so my fridge uses 12amps when it is on 12V constant (not a compressor 12V) so with 200 AH so the max I could go with just the batteries is 16 hours if I don't run anything else. for compressor fridges the dometic coolmatic 50 is rated for an average of 1.4ah/h at 25C ambiant temp and 1.7ah/h at 32C so lets take the higher temp at that average the batteries will power the fridge almost 5 days if you use no other 12V dc power and your total battery capacity. its not a easy question and it is highly subjective to how you use stuff when you camp. thats why I always recomed a propane fridge if you plan on boon docking as a main type of camping, but that only works if the unit you like comes with one. your other option is to put say 3 to 500 watts of solar on and you will probably never have to worry about it but that is also subjective to where you camp, would still need a genny to help if you park under total tree cover for example.
Stircrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 05:13 PM   #24
grizwilson

Well to update this thread..... we bought the 24RDS, 400i. Just returned from a 14 day cold or boon dock trip in Colorado. PC most days, lows upper 30s, high 70s . No tv, just heat, water pump and ladybear blew dry and curly iron hair a couple times. Checked battery everymorning lowest 80%, at 515 on coldest morning, by 8 each day back at 100 Solar served us very well re freezing ice etc. very pleased no microwave
grizwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 05:42 AM   #25
Stircrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizwilson View Post
Well to update this thread..... we bought the 24RDS, 400i. Just returned from a 14 day cold or boon dock trip in Colorado. PC most days, lows upper 30s, high 70s . No tv, just heat, water pump and ladybear blew dry and curly iron hair a couple times. Checked battery everymorning lowest 80%, at 515 on coldest morning, by 8 each day back at 100 Solar served us very well re freezing ice etc. very pleased no microwave
solar is so nice once you get it and it just works...
Stircrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar