Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2015, 07:21 PM   #1
Gadgetmonster

Furnace not keeping up 2015 Cougar 33res

Picked up our new 2015 Cougar xlite 33res a couple weeks ago. We decided to spend the weekend in our driveway before storing it for the winter. It got down to around 43 outside when I noticed it was chilly in the trailer. it was 68 inside. At 41 outside it was 64 inside. Bathroom all closed up in the middle of the rv was toasty with warm air. Bedroom had warm air but less flow than the bath. Kitchen was pitiful. Slight bit of warm but little air flow. I had to get an electric heater from the garage. Tripple checked settings on the thermostat. Had it set on heat, auto, 74. Fired up all the burners on the stove momentarily and all has plenty of flame.

I was plugged into a 20 amp duplex outlet in my garage... but I doubt that would make any difference in temp or air flow.

Anyone else have trouble with the furnace keeping up?

This unit is advertised as having their Polar Pack that allows you to camp longer into the season... might work in Florida but not in Indiana.

Looking for comments before I haul it back to Walnut Ridge RV.

2015 Cougar XLite 33RES
2011 F-350 Turbo Diesel
From Southport Indiana
Miniature Schnauzers supervise out trips
Gadgetmonster is offline   Reply With Quote