Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
mfstrohl

programming keyless entry

We just bought a new raptor velocity. It has a keyless entry with no instructions. The keypad has two numbers on each button and it does not have a fob. Does anyone have any idea how to use it and set it. It is driving me crazy.
mfstrohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:36 AM   #2
pjhansman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfstrohl View Post
We just bought a new raptor velocity. It has a keyless entry with no instructions. The keypad has two numbers on each button and it does not have a fob. Does anyone have any idea how to use it and set it. It is driving me crazy.
On my Laredo the keyless entry "default" setting was press the 1-2 button twice, the 3-4 button twice, then press the 1-2 to open and the 3-4 to close.

Who knows? Might work for you too

If it does, PM me and I can send you the instructions to change the codes.
pjhansman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
chain_dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhansman View Post
On my Laredo the keyless entry "default" setting was press the 1-2 button twice, the 3-4 button twice, then press the 1-2 to open and the 3-4 to close.

Who knows? Might work for you too

If it does, PM me and I can send you the instructions to change the codes.
Pm sent on keypad.........PM Not going thru, Can you please send them to me ?
Thanks
chain_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:49 AM   #4
skdooman2004

Angry keypad problems

well when you figure it out, tell me too, i also bought a new Velocity and NO instructions, and the ones i got after i called manufactuer, don't make any sense, so right now i , like you, have a option that is about useless!!
skdooman2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:05 PM   #5
chain_dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdooman2004 View Post
well when you figure it out, tell me too, i also bought a new Velocity and NO instructions, and the ones i got after i called manufactuer, don't make any sense, so right now i , like you, have a option that is about useless!!
I just got another set of instructions.. i will try soon.......and post my findings and directions.

PS Thanks Phil
Old 06-29-2011, 04:14 PM   #6
chain_dogg

Make sure the door is closed, there are contacts on the hinge side that make contact for power. i still have no luck with mine, and cant find the battery for the transmitter
Old 06-30-2011, 05:26 AM   #7
CarKath

Talking

Here is a copy of programming instructions that came with my Alpine. ( see attached file )
I had to "zip" the PDF to be able to upload copy. Any free archive utility will "unzip" the file below. ( example 7-zip ) After that you can print out a copy.

Good Luck

Carl
Attached Files
File Type: zip Southco_Keyless_Entry_Instructions_EA-R03.zip (37.3 KB, 1113 views)
CarKath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #8
mceaglefan5

keypad for keyless entry

Has anyone heard of some kind of problem with the keypads on the laredos? Min keeps reseting and now it seems to not have any power to it.....im clueless
mceaglefan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #9
slewis1694

Quote:
Changing the User Code
The unit is shipped with a default user code of 1234, but can be changed to a 3-7 digit number. To change the user code:
1. Press the 9·0 button for approximately 3 seconds. Keypad lights should flash twice then stay on.
2. Enter the current user code. When entering the last digit of the current user code, hold the button for approximately 2 seconds. Keypad lights should flash once then stay on.
3. Enter the new user code. When entering the last digit of the new user code, hold the button for approximately 2 seconds. Keypad lights should flash once then stay on.
4. Repeat the new user code. When entering the last digit of the new user code, hold the button for approximately 2 seconds.
5. Keypad lights should flash once then turn off. The user code has been successfully changed.
If the keypad lights turn off during Steps 1-4, then programming has been timed out and the process needs to be repeated from Step 1.
JT Strong Arm Stabilizers, Trailair Tri Glide Air Ride Pin Box, Curt 20K Slider Hitch, Firestone Dual Air Ride System with Load Lifter Air Bags, Tri-Metric Battery Monitor System, Power Max PM4B-75 Boondocker Converter/Charger, Replaced 2-12volt batteries to 2-6V Trojan T106 batteries, replaced all 921 light bulbs with LED's.
slewis1694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:59 AM   #10
Rabbit Sheriff

On my Velocity I took batts out for 30 seconds. After replacing hold the 3/4 & * buttons together for two seconds. After beeps, enter your 4 digit code followed by the * key. Should be ready.
Rabbit Sheriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:03 AM   #11
Rabbit Sheriff

Forgot to add, you will need to press the * key each time after entering your code.
Rabbit Sheriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #12
slewis1694

Quote:
If you have the EA-R03 Wireless Keypad, like I do on my Avalanche, I found out that the individual number key pads operate more like a rocker panel than a pad. For example, if you want to press the number one, you have to press the left side on the 1-2 pad. With that in mind and following all the other advise and the instructions in the forum, you should be able to change to your own combination.
One other piece of advise, if your batteries ever go dead, the key pad will automatically lock the door. My batteries were getting low and I kept hearing this noise near my door. I went out to investigate and the door locked me out. Thank goodness for the hide-a-key.
This is apparently a Keystone safety feature.
JT Strong Arm Stabilizers, Trailair Tri Glide Air Ride Pin Box, Curt 20K Slider Hitch, Firestone Dual Air Ride System with Load Lifter Air Bags, Tri-Metric Battery Monitor System, Power Max PM4B-75 Boondocker Converter/Charger, Replaced 2-12volt batteries to 2-6V Trojan T106 batteries, replaced all 921 light bulbs with LED's.
slewis1694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:42 AM   #13
howard

Programing keyless entry

Call Keystone customer service and they will PDF you the directions. The directions are very detailed. The dealer never gave me a key fob so I had to buy one for $100. The unit is located in the coach entry door directly below the glass. I removed the screen door, then closed the coach door and working from inside the coach removed the trim frame around the glass. The coach door must remain closed and you have to be quick entering the program codes otherwise you have to start over. Note that if the coach battery ever goes dead you will have to reprogram the lock. Certainly not user friendly, but not impossible either.
2006 Woodland Park
Had
2008 Montana
2005 Outback
2000 Lance + others
howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #14
SmittysRV

I need to program mine. Have you had any luck with your Rapor keyless entry? I have a 2011 Raptor 4014 and need to reprogram mine. Thx

https://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps7fb09er8.png

Tow Vehicle: 2006 F550 studded and bullet proofed!
Toys: 2012 RZR XP4 900, Yamaha WR450, TTR230 and 2 TTR90s.
SmittysRV is offline   Reply With Quote