Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2022, 08:52 PM   #1
djengr

Lake Murrray, Oklahoma

Just took out the new to us fifth wheel down the road 60 miles to Lake Murray, near Ardmore Ok. We choose Marietta Landing, Nice paved roads at the site, concrette pad with W/E/S hookups. Reinovated a couple of years ago. Some of the sites may have a bit tricky backing in, ours was not. We had an electrical problem (bad breaker on the their side) took the park about 15 minutes total to have it changed out once I called them. We did drive to other campsites that were not as nice as this one. Our site backed up to the lake. Lake was very clear. As far as crowds right now, end of october, there was none. Of the 30 ish sites, there was only 5 other campers. However this is the off season, jet ski/ pontoon boat rentals were all closed. Not too many activies other than hiking trails at some of the other spots, everything is shut down for the season. Perfect for us. We plan on returning, maybe during the summer months to see how it is then. Learned a lot on the inaugural trip.
B&W Hitch
djengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 05:36 AM   #2
Canonman

Welcome! Glad you had a successful shakedown trip with your Cougar.
Camp safe and often!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4669.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	42183  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 07:29 PM   #3
gearhead

Just north about 40 miles is Lake of the ArbuckLes. I stayed in Rocky Point campground. They accept the Federal Senior pass. I think it cost me $13. Pretty nice campground managed by Chickasaw National Recreation Area. Has some full hookups.
Looking at Google map it’s just south of Paul’s Valley, so you may be familiar with it.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 08:14 PM   #4
djengr

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Just north about 40 miles is Lake of the ArbuckLes. I stayed in Rocky Point campground. They accept the Federal Senior pass. I think it cost me $13. Pretty nice campground managed by Chickasaw National Recreation Area. Has some full hookups.
Looking at Google map it’s just south of Paul’s Valley, so you may be familiar with it.
Thanks, Arbuckle Lake is definitely on our list of places to visit.
B&W Hitch
djengr is offline   Reply With Quote