Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2022, 05:44 AM   #1
m82492

2011 Sprinter 297RET - 30v or 50v Hookup?

Hello - Does anyone know what type of system this RV has? I pick up in two weeks but failed to look what type of plug it has. Need to order cables.
m82492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 06:08 AM   #2
Texas Steve

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2011-...-297ret-tr9472

The above link to RVUSA shows that it has one 13.5 BTU air conditioner, so I would venture to guess that it is a 30 AMP model.
Texas Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 06:08 AM   #3
dutchmensport

According to the different web sites on the internet showing your camper, your's has only 1 air conditioner. And this video shows the power cord (mouse hole at 1:12 into the video), which is used for 30 amp cords, not 50. Putting the two clues together, I would say your's has 30 amp, even though the original brochures say there is a 55 amp converter. It's wired for 30 amp. Go to page 7 to the Features, Options, and Packages page.

May I give you word of advise before you go out and purchase a bunch of stuff for your new camper (which is not in your possession yet)..... hold off purchasing anything for your camper until you actually have the camper in your possession. You may find after you actually have the camper "in hand", what you thought you wanted is not what you actually needed. It takes time to outfit a camper, and that outfiting is done when the camper is being used.

Some things, even like lawn chairs, may be completely wrong. For example, if you anticipate purchasing a specific lawn chair, once you get the camper, you may find the storage area is actually too small for the chair to fit through the outside compartment door. This is only one example, why you should wait.

Good luck and be patient! I completely understand your excitement, but don't get the cart before the horse and realize you've spent a lot of money for things that simply don't work for you.
Old 10-04-2022, 06:09 AM   #4
Canonman

Welcome to the forum.
From what I can see https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2011-...-297ret-tr9472 your Sprinter has one A/C unit. That's the best indicator that you are wired for 30 AMP service. Pretty typical for a TT this size.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled-38.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	355.8 KB
ID:	41885  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 06:12 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

The 55 Amp converter is 55 amps of 12vdc output and has nothing to do with the 120vac distribution panel ampacity.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 06:24 AM   #6
m82492

Appreciate all the fast responses! I would agree probably a 30amp. I'll wait to confirm with the sales guy but he has been out for a few days. Going to be a fairly fast turn around from when I purchase to when I'm heading out so just trying to make sure I have the proper cord in hand. This was helpful.
m82492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 08:53 AM   #7
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by m82492 View Post
Appreciate all the fast responses! I would agree probably a 30amp. I'll wait to confirm with the sales guy but he has been out for a few days. Going to be a fairly fast turn around from when I purchase to when I'm heading out so just trying to make sure I have the proper cord in hand. This was helpful.
If it is the 30amp with the mouse hole it should have a 20-30' cord attached, just pull it out of the mouse hole. You may want/need a 30amp extension cord at some point, but as stated wait to see what's there then spend your $$.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 08:54 AM   #8
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
The 55 Amp converter is 55 amps of 12vdc output and has nothing to do with the 120vac distribution panel ampacity.
I think my wife called me a "ampacity" once when we were arguing.

OP! I know you want to hit the road immediately but a thorough inspection of the roof for possible degradation of the sealant around penetrations and testing everything is pretty much going to save your first trip out from becoming a family story. Set the thing up in your drive or similar and get everything working you can; make sure the propane tanks are full and battery is fully charged. There just might be a date on the battery to give you an idea of how long it will last. Look at tires/spare carefully as there is a date code in four digits on the sidewall of tires with a oval around it. Most experts agree four years is about the life span of a tire before it ages out. The brand of the tire is also important as some brands are a whole lot less reliable than others.

If you ask about what items should be purchased for a camper to begin comfortably and safely, you will get a lot of good recommendations but an EMS, TPMS, water pressure regulator and of course RV TOILET PAPER should be up a the top of the list.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sprinter