Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
jeep63

Zepplin ?

When I 'checked in' to the forum I posted these questions too. Sorry for the repost here, but figure there may be some Zepplin owners here...

Looking at a 2007 Keystone Zepplin that is really light and if I remember correctly will be just over 5500 lb gvwr loaded. I believe the Zepplin is no longer produced; any current Zepplin owners here who will share their opions?

There is some slight water damage that is just inside the door to the front. The owner mentioned it and he said the leak stopped after he caulked the roof. The floor make a crunching sound (very cold day; I'm thinking the water damage has now frozen and expanded the subfloor) anyone know the type of subflooring used in the Zepplins?
jeep63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
KanTC

Welcome Doug,

You're correct, the Zeppelin is no longer made (aka 'an orphan'); and if memory serves me correctly, I think 2007 was the last year & it then was replaced by the Keystone Passport line.

Buying 'used' can be a good choice for first-time owners, especially if you're unsure that your family will enjoy camping. A Lite/Ultra-Lite trailer (one that's truly light-weight) would typically be the best match for a 1/2 ton truck.

If you'll do a *search* on the forums, you'll find some posts about the Zeppelin from last year.

In reference to the roof leak -- it was caulked (& supposedly stopped), but the water damage was never inspected or repaired... correct?? If that's the case, then it's my opinion [only worth 2 cents ], I'd steer clear of any trailer with obvious water damage, regardless of the manufacturer. Odds are there's more involved than just the 'now crunchy' sub-floor; there's also the potential for mold within the roof, walls & floor. All things considered, it could turn into a 'very costly' purchase.

Spring will be here soon... good/used trailers will be more plentiful.

Good luck, and hope this helps.

Terri [& DH Kevin]
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #3
jeep63

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanTC View Post
Welcome Doug,

You're correct, the Zeppelin is no longer made (aka 'an orphan'); and if memory serves me correctly, I think 2007 was the last year & it then was replaced by the Keystone Passport line.

Buying 'used' can be a good choice for first-time owners, especially if you're unsure that your family will enjoy camping. A Lite/Ultra-Lite trailer (one that's truly light-weight) would typically be the best match for a 1/2 ton truck.

If you'll do a *search* on the forums, you'll find some posts about the Zeppelin from last year.

In reference to the roof leak -- it was caulked (& supposedly stopped), but the water damage was never inspected or repaired... correct?? If that's the case, then it's my opinion [only worth 2 cents ], I'd steer clear of any trailer with obvious water damage, regardless of the manufacturer. Odds are there's more involved than just the 'now crunchy' sub-floor; there's also the potential for mold within the roof, walls & floor. All things considered, it could turn into a 'very costly' purchase.

Spring will be here soon... good/used trailers will be more plentiful.

Good luck, and hope this helps.

Terri [& DH Kevin]
Yes, the leak was caulked and stopped per the current owner. Thanks for confirming my suspicions about unseen damages. I'll keep looking.
jeep63 is offline   Reply With Quote