Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 01-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #1
jambonjoebob

Outside kitchen door problem

Hi! I'm the proud owner of a 2011 303TG Laredo and I really like it. I'v faced few problems last year with it but notting serious. Thermal sensor on the oven fan, fuse breaking with the side legs and the front leg. The only problem that bugs me a bit is the way the door pistons are installed in the outside kitchen door. I don't think this system can work the way it is set. Let me explain: the force that is applied is on the opposite side of the flipping point witch creates a force on the screws. Mine have already been pulled out of the door. Has anybody faced the same issue? Any solution?

BTW: Sorry for my poor english, I'm a french guy!

Thanks for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trous1-2.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	229   Click image for larger version

Name:	attache sur la porte1.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	230   Click image for larger version

Name:	attache.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	231  
jambonjoebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
Kunkler

A simple and more factory looking approach is to install a lid holder.
Used on toy boxes or foot lockers. It allows you to adjust the tension
to hold you cabinet door open hands free and close with ease. You will also need to install a short piece of 1x2"to mount it to. About $6.00 in materials.

Name:   hing.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  5.2 KB
Kunkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

If you use the SEARCH option and type in "kitchen door", you will find a number of posts regarding this same problem which other members have also encountered. Look at the blue bar across the top of the home page and you will see the word SEARCH. Click on it.
Hope some of these previous posts are of some help to you.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:17 PM   #4
SLIMSHADIE

I know your pain. I dont have pics but me and a buddy fixed ours.
We took that mount and welded it to a 3"x6" steel plate. My buddy chose the thickness, about 3/32" thick. I thought it was a little thick but turned out perfect. I drilled 8 holes on each plate (4 per side,top to bottom). Painted them white and installed them, even mounted them squarely to each other, compared to the factory. Looks and works good, even the mounts, covers up the old holes.

Now here is the problem. I only used 4 screws out of the 8. I did not notice till the installation but the door only has wood on the very left and right sides. It looks like a 1"x2.75"?? I had butted the mount to the very side next to the outer trim. I had just missed the wood for the inside holes on the mount. Only the outside holes are holding them in place. So it is working for now, 5 months no problems. Open your door, look from the bottom to the top. You can very, barely see the wood. Maybe even hold something flat against it to help see it, like mocking up the plate.

If I did it again I would use 2.25" or 2.5"x6" steel plate. Hope this helps.