Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2010, 11:49 AM   #1
fshindle

2010 Hideout brake/bearing/axle issue

I have a brand new 'almost' once towed Keystone Hideout 27BWE.
I say 'almost' because our first trip out resulted in 700 miles of in and out of tire and rv shops along our route. So far the brakes have been adjusted, the outer bearing and race replaced. This ended in being stranded 100 miles from home where the trailer is currently at a Keystone dealer being looked at (I hope). I say hope because getting that dealer or our own to do anything has been quite challenging. I am actually ready to take the keys back to them.

Thought I would throw a note out and see if anyone has had any brake, bearing or axle issues with new/newer trailer.
fshindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:10 AM   #2
Seann
Permanent User Ban

Has anyone checked your rig for a bent misaligned axle?
Seann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
fshindle

Dealer service

Thanks for the reply.
Not as of yet, I have been in a now 11 day battle trying to get my RV looked at because I finally stopped fighting it 100 miles from home.
The dealership I purchased from in Caldwell is determined to let the Jerome dealer look at/fix only problem is they will not even look at for 3 weeks if even then.
This has been on of the most painful and pathetic customers service processes I have ever been through. This is a brand new trailer, first time towing and these guys act like they are doing me a favor in looking at.
fshindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #4
linebiker

I just completed checking bearings and brakes on my rig and found one outboard bearing bad (evidence of overheating) cause undetermined. Two grease seals also leaking where brakes had to be replaced. This trailer has 6000 lb AlKo axles. I have never been overloaded and maybe have 6000 miles on trailer.

08 Raptor 299
06 Dodge 3500 Cummins Lone Star
B&W Companion 5th
linebiker is offline   Reply With Quote