Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
therink

2010 Outback 329fbh Water Pressure/Flow

Hi
I am usually pretty good at diagnosing and repairing most plumbing issues, but I am stumped. We just wrapped up a full season of camping in our new Outback 5'er and had a great summer and love our rig. The one thing I cant figure out is the lack of water pressure/flow when hooked to city connection. It doesn't matter how good the campground pressure is, the water comes out of every faucet about 1/2 of what is acceptable by me. One mod I made before I used the trailer was drill out the flow restrictors at every faucet (like I have done in every trailer Ive owned). Also installed an Oxygenics shower head. I don't use an outside pressure reducer or filter and the screen at the city water connection inlet is clean. The water pump pressure is not great either, but then again the stock water pump is junk (I just haven't replaced that yet with a better one).
Does anyone know if Keystone maybe put a pressure reducer anywhere on the new units? Or maybe is there a check valve that may be sticking? My guess at this point is that the main water line in the belly is crimped or kinked, or maybe debris in the line somewhere; which would be a warranty thing. If it is something simple I would rather fix myself than take it in to CW.
Any thoughts?

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote