Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
witekjm

Lost our outdoor shower hose on BH250

We just got back from camping on the Delmarva peninsula at Delaware Seashore State Park. A really nice campground. We left Thursday, just before Hurricane Earl hit, and in our haste I accidentally left the outdoor shower access door unlocked.

After a few miles down the road I noticed something unusual hanging from the side of the Travel Trailer. I pulled over and walked back to the TT. It was the access door to the exterior shower.

Can the outdoor shower hose be replaced?( it broke off at the diverter stem, see story above) or replace the whole unit. I really like using the exterior shower, especially at the beach. JW
Old 09-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Use the one from inside and replace that with a good one that will give more pressure. I think it will fit.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #3
Flyguy

It most certainly can, I replaced (get this) my shower head, the hose, the whole shower faucet and the inside hoses that connect to the main water supply (hot & cold). The only thing that I didn't replace was the ouside case but I could have as it also was available. I think that there was some water left in the line at the outside shower during the winter and it probably froze and damaged the whole mess, it was a slow destructive process that happened over the course of a year. BTW I found some items at CW and the rest on E-bay.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
witekjm

Is there a manual out there that describes how to take off the hot and cold faucets? My plumbing skills are OK, but this is a challenge. There is a plastic white cowling that covers the faucets and the hose connection opening.

HankPage's solution is good, but I cannot remove the broken stem with the cowling in place to implement it. JW
Old 09-04-2010, 08:17 PM   #5
Flyguy

Come on!!! how much plumbing skill does it take to unscrew a hose! If the outside shower faucet leaks just replace it with a new one, they're cheap enough and they're cheaply made, mine connects from under the sink, I have to reach to the outside wall and grab the plastic hose connector and unscrew both hot and cold, then unscrew the plastic retaining nuts and pull the faucet out from outside, reverse the procedure to install the new one.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #6
witekjm

Flyguy, You don't understand. This is not a leaking hose issue. The hose and shower head broke off during the last trip. ( I forgot to say this in the original post.)
All that is left is a broken plastic stub that is hard to reach since it is covered by a white plastic cowling. The cowling is held in place by plastic tabs extending from each faucet. I wanted to keep the plastic cowling intact for future use. That is why i asked for a schematic drawing of the outside shower, it might give me a hint on how to access the broken stub.

Your website is an excellent source for manuals and schematic drawings. I thought you might know of one.

Maybe if I pull on the cowling, the tabs will slip over, revealing the broken stem and then i can possibly remove it and replace. I have the original hose assembly from our interior shower. Our TT is stored 40 miles away, so I'll have to plan for a day off.

If this is impossible, then I'll replace the whole unit. I have the skills to achieve this. We are scheduled to camp weekend of 17 September and would like it fixed by then. Regards, JW
Old 09-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #7
hankpage
Site Team

John, if you have a Camping World near you? They sell a complete outside shower for around $50. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...er-white/22260 They also have a replacement interior shower bodies for about $15. The shower bodies appear to be the same physically only chrome finish and size of knobs seem different. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...t-faucets/3971 With some measuring you may be able to use the chrome body with your old white knobs. I will do some measuring on mine and get back with my findings. If there is no access point inside your trailer you have to remove the whole assembly. ...... Hank
Old 09-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #8
hankpage
Site Team

John, Here we go! I checked my faucets .... both are identical except for the handles ..... interior are lager, but both clear acrylic. My access to the outside is on the side of my entertainment center. (removable panel) From looking at your floor-plan, you should have access from either under the sink or the back of your pantry next to fridge. If you have inside access swapping faucets should be a five minute job without tools. You will need a square drive screwdriver to remove the panel cover. Hope this helps, Hank
Old 09-06-2010, 06:32 AM   #9
witekjm

Thanks, Hank. I'll try your solution. I have a parts manual from our local RV dealer and found that my broken part is the vacuum seal. It broke off at the skinny end that screws in the faucet housing.

I'll try accessing the exterior shower from the galley sink or pantry area to loosen the shower assembly and remove broken one and replace with the new. JW
Old 09-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #10
witekjm

Smile Got it fixed

Hankpage,
Thanks for the solution. I was able to access the exterior shower from under the galley sink. The connections were easy to unscrew. The tough part was extracting the broken vacuum breaker stub. Accomplished that with a screw extraction kit and hammer.

At first glance it looked intimidating especially when plumbing is involved. JW
Old 09-16-2010, 06:11 AM   #11
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by witekjm View Post
Hankpage,
The tough part was extracting the broken vacuum breaker stub. Accomplished that with a screw extraction kit and hammer.
JW
If all else fails ..... Get a bigger hammer.