Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
Ruffus

Red face Dometic 310 Toilet

Dometic 310 China Bowl Toilet.This is a great water closet but becareful when using city water without a regulator which I have done for years and finally got caught. While camping in my father-in-laws front yard in rural Kansas I noticed that the pedal flush valve was leaking on the floor. After several attempts to putty the drip away I went down 80 miles away and ordered a new valve after reading that they have a freeze relief as well as a over pressure relief soft spot. After returning home from my 80 mile trip the drip quit, that was a month ago. Well I stuck the valve and fitting away in my tool box and low and behold the valve started leaking again this time in the wilderness of central California. Today I decided to change it out and the whole process took less than 15 minute and required only a pair of plyers, small screw driver and enough thumb pressure to release the two snap tabs that hold the valve in place. The new valve was $59 nine dollars but the pressure regulator that I should have been using was only $15. The normal 40PSI regulator isn't quite enough for these bigger trailers but the 45 to 55 PSI regulator works really good. Go buy one and save yourself $59 flush valve.
Hard Headed Ruffus
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #2
CRUZIN 2

Dometic 310 Toilet

We have the 310 and really like it better then the others we have had in the past. We are fulltimers and use it a lot, with out a regulator.

LARRY & LAVONNE HUMMEL
Full-Timer
GMC Sierra 3500 DRW D/A Denali 2011
ALPINE 2013 3535RE
CRUZIN 2 is offline   Reply With Quote