Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2010, 07:46 AM   #1
DocData757

Wrong tank level meter?

I have a new 2011 Alpine which has 2 grey tanks (one galley and one bath plus the obvious fresh and black water tanks). The tank level meter is the style where you push one button and all levels are indicated at the same time (unlike the previous that had a button per tank/battery).

My issue is this... the gage has readouts for 1 fresh, 1 black, 1 grey and 1 battery. Should I not have an indicator for each grey tank? The meter reads the bath tank but not the galley tank (I confirmed this by filling up the galley and then dumping it. The meter never changed.)

I called Keystone and was told to push the button twice but that did nothing. The rep didn't sound too sure about it in the first place. I'm calling again today but was wondering if anyone else out there has this issue.

Thanks,
Dave
Alpine 3500RE
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:07 AM   #2
therink

Don't you love it when you call and they have no clue what you are talking about? Press the button twice? You got to be kidding me. I didn't know rv tank gauges were that sophisticated. I have two grey tanks and two separate gauges (labeled grey and galley), but one level button for all gauges including both greys, black, fresh and batt. Five gauges total.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:17 AM   #3
DocData757

Sounds like I have the wrong meter. I tried calling but Monday must be a bad day.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:30 AM   #4
therink

I was thinking the same thing. The sad thing is that it was probably the only gauge they had on the shelf that day, so that is what they used; hoping that the new owner would not know . You might want to pull your gauge out of the wall and see if there is an extra set of sensor wires not connected to anything. Beware, there is likely a jungle of wires in the wall. Hopefully they at least ran the wires up from the galley tank. This way when you bring it in to get the correct gauge installed, you can tell the service rep whether the wires are there or not.
Good luck.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:11 AM   #5
ptodd47

I have multiple tanks (4) and my panel has "bathroom 1" and "bathroom 2" to switch from tank to tank.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:10 AM   #6
DocData757

I talked wit a rep and, yep, they have the wrong meter installed. Mine hsould say either 'Gray 1' and 'Gray 2' or 'Bath' and 'Galley'. Hmmm... have they ever herad of Quality Assurance?

We'll leaving for FL in a week so I will have to wait until I get ther to arrange a replacement.

I looked behind the meter but don't see any unused wires. 6 wires hooked up... Red, white, blue, green, grey and brown. Probably should be 7"
Not good and way unhappy. What other "gotcha's" are lurking unseen? We've already had several others that either I fixed or am waiting on the dealer (Coulton RV in upstate NY) to resolve.