Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2010, 06:46 AM   #1
oldelmer1

Welcome Home Lights

Hi All, new here, we just bought a new 2010 3051RL from the Hershey show.

But now I have a question, the WELCOME HOME LIGHTS don't work. I checked the plunger at the door hinge and it seems to be OK. I pulled the panel where the toggle switches are off the wall and the wires are secured on the back of the CEILING LIGHT switch, but there is a white with orange stripe wire(that's part of a 2 wire combo) that's just dangling behind the panel. The other part of this combo is white and goes to the CEILING SWITCH.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, THANKS!!!!
oldelmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:52 PM   #2
oldelmer1

With some assistance from someone on the Montana forum, figured out that the power wire from the door plunger(the white/orange) was not connected.

Verified this with a volt meter while opening/closing the door. So, I bought a single light fixture and mounted it on the wall on the inside of the coach and connected it up to this white orange wire. Works fine now......
oldelmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote