Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-05-2022, 08:02 AM   #1
flyingjack
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Erie
Posts: 83
Reece Goosebox vs Trailer Saver

Looking for informed opinions; 2022 HC 295RL- 34' and less than 12K lbs. Previous 2013 40'/14,500 lb Mountaineer; we used MorRyde and did pretty well. Got to believe these airbag/shock absorbers have to be a much better ride. Goosebox and Trailer Saver are two different systems (both use airbag & shocks) so just looking for best ride plus pros/cons of each. Checked lots of the online rhetoric now getting close and would like forum opinions.

OBTW, running B&W flip over ball and Companion hitch currently with stock hitch=pretty rough.
Thanks for any help.
Jack
__________________
2022 HC Montana 295RL
2016 Silverado
Colorado
flyingjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 08:05 AM   #2
jasin1
Senior Member
 
jasin1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Upper Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 4,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingjack View Post
Looking for informed opinions; 2022 HC 295RL- 34' and less than 12K lbs. Previous 2013 40'/14,500 lb Mountaineer; we used MorRyde and did pretty well. Got to believe these airbag/shock absorbers have to be a much better ride. Goosebox and Trailer Saver are two different systems (both use airbag & shocks) so just looking for best ride plus pros/cons of each. Checked lots of the online rhetoric now getting close and would like forum opinions.

OBTW, running B&W flip over ball and Companion hitch currently with stock hitch=pretty rough.
Thanks for any help.
Jack
they just came out with a gen 3 goosebox…id make sure your getting that if you purchase anytime soon…don’t want to buy old stock if there is an upgrade
__________________
2020 Cougar 315 RLS
2020 Ram 3500 6.7HO 4.10 Dually Aisin
jasin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 05:05 PM   #3
gearhead
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Liberty, Texas
Posts: 4,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
they just came out with a gen 3 goosebox…id make sure your getting that if you purchase anytime soon…don’t want to buy old stock if there is an upgrade
Hmmm, I’m not seeing a new Gen 3 on Reeseprod.com
What is new?
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie CC DRW LWB 4X4 Cummins Aisin 3.73
Reese Goosebox 20K
2018 Heartland Landmark 365 Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 05:11 PM   #4
gearhead
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Liberty, Texas
Posts: 4,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingjack View Post
Looking for informed opinions; 2022 HC 295RL- 34' and less than 12K lbs. Previous 2013 40'/14,500 lb Mountaineer; we used MorRyde and did pretty well. Got to believe these airbag/shock absorbers have to be a much better ride. Goosebox and Trailer Saver are two different systems (both use airbag & shocks) so just looking for best ride plus pros/cons of each. Checked lots of the online rhetoric now getting close and would like forum opinions.

OBTW, running B&W flip over ball and Companion hitch currently with stock hitch=pretty rough.
Thanks for any help.
Jack
We are running a 20K Goosebox and very happy with it.
There is also a 16K Goosebox that may be more appropriate for you.
May also look at a GEN Y pinbox.
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie CC DRW LWB 4X4 Cummins Aisin 3.73
Reese Goosebox 20K
2018 Heartland Landmark 365 Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 05:26 PM   #5
jasin1
Senior Member
 
jasin1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Upper Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 4,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Hmmm, I’m not seeing a new Gen 3 on Reeseprod.com
What is new?

i guess the jury is out on if it’s an actual improvement
__________________
2020 Cougar 315 RLS
2020 Ram 3500 6.7HO 4.10 Dually Aisin
jasin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 06:13 AM   #6
gearhead
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Liberty, Texas
Posts: 4,811
Changing to fit the new Rhino frame is a good thing I suppose.
They didn’t do anyone any favors relocating the Shraeder. It’s a PITA now and they made it worse. “Hopping” up into the bed while hitched up to adjust air is a lot easier said than done.
Obviously knowing what your optimum air pressure is before you hook up is best. Mine was 38psi, or was it 48? I wrote it on the decal with a Magic Marker, it washed off.
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie CC DRW LWB 4X4 Cummins Aisin 3.73
Reese Goosebox 20K
2018 Heartland Landmark 365 Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 08:51 AM   #7
flyingjack
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Erie
Posts: 83
gearhead, thanks for info. Do you happen to have any first hand info on Gen Y; it looks very attractive and simple.
Thanks again.
__________________
2022 HC Montana 295RL
2016 Silverado
Colorado
flyingjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 02:06 PM   #8
jasin1
Senior Member
 
jasin1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Upper Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 4,128
updated video on the goosebox with the designer
__________________
2020 Cougar 315 RLS
2020 Ram 3500 6.7HO 4.10 Dually Aisin
jasin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 04:42 PM   #9
gearhead
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Liberty, Texas
Posts: 4,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingjack View Post
gearhead, thanks for info. Do you happen to have any first hand info on Gen Y; it looks very attractive and simple.
Thanks again.
I think it looks good too. I almost went with it but my independent RV shop said no, it’s too new. Same thing a Heartland dealer told me. So I let myself get talked out of it.
I don’t know anyone that has one.
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie CC DRW LWB 4X4 Cummins Aisin 3.73
Reese Goosebox 20K
2018 Heartland Landmark 365 Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 08:06 AM   #10
rogerinamarillo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: AMARILLO
Posts: 10
I installed a 16k Goosebox on my 2021 Keystone Avalanche and have towed it a little over 8k miles so far. The cushy ride is reason enough to buy it! I installed a pressure gage to the schrader valve block so that I can more easily monitor my air bag pressure as well as painting the Goosebox inspection bar silver so that it can be seen a little easier. Hooking up to the tow vehicle is pretty easy with a little practice. In short, I'm a big fan of the Reese Goosebox.
rogerinamarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 03:27 PM   #11
gearhead
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Liberty, Texas
Posts: 4,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinamarillo View Post
I installed a 16k Goosebox on my 2021 Keystone Avalanche and have towed it a little over 8k miles so far. The cushy ride is reason enough to buy it! I installed a pressure gage to the schrader valve block so that I can more easily monitor my air bag pressure as well as painting the Goosebox inspection bar silver so that it can be seen a little easier. Hooking up to the tow vehicle is pretty easy with a little practice. In short, I'm a big fan of the Reese Goosebox.
Tell me more about how you did the pressure gauge. Please.
How did you get into the “bullseye” to paint the bar?
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie CC DRW LWB 4X4 Cummins Aisin 3.73
Reese Goosebox 20K
2018 Heartland Landmark 365 Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RV® is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.