Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2022, 07:45 AM   #1
Attaboy

Hello from MO!

Hello all!

20+ yr TT renter. We are empty nesters now with more time so we are looking to purchase our first and start doing some longer trips rather than just the long weekends we did with the kids. Currently looking at Passport 2870RL if anyone has anything good, bad or otherwise to say about that model. Lucked into a decent TV for it also - came across a 2018 F-150 HDPP SuperCab w/ 8' bed so I had to jump on it. Sticker shows 2610lb payload.

Happy camping!!
Attaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 09:00 AM   #2
dutchmensport

Welcome to the forums and I'm sure you will be pleased to own your own camper opposed to renting someone else's.

Looking at the floor plan for your specific model, it looks like it would be a really nice couple's trailer. We had an Outback with a floor plan that was very similar to your's. It had no island, the kitchen was along the door side.

I think you'll enjoy this camper and the floor plan does work! At least, it did for us. Also, if the "kido's" do come along, you've got the couches, dinette, and even the floor for them to sleep on.

Hope it works out well for you, and be prepared to some minor fixes yourself when you first get it. It may take a year of use before some things unearth themselves. Don't be alarmed, just pick up a screw driver or a hammer, or a staple gun and fix it yourself and move on. Every new camper has issues ... EVERY ONE!

Good luck. Welcome to the forms, and ENJOY! The fun has already started!
Old 10-31-2022, 10:18 AM   #3
Attaboy

Thank you for the welcome! I have been doing my own remodeling on our own house for the over 30 years we have had it - gutted bathrooms down to the studs and built them back up, added bedroom in the basement, replaced my own windows, etc. Replaced water heater several times over the years and I do enjoy the hands-on so should be able to address things as they crop up. Also like restoring cars so I find the mechanical work "relaxing". Yep - call me weird.

Cheers!
Attaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 12:17 PM   #4
Gkri

Welcome from PA. We have a different model of Passport but love it, it is a great couples trailer. You are already one step ahead of many new owners - you read the door sticker on your TV and looked at PAYLOAD. Congrats and enjoy!
2022 Sierra 2500 HD, 6.6L Gasser
Gkri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 03:37 AM   #5
spicercars

Welcome from northern MN.