Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2022, 08:15 AM   #1
Stangfire

Specification sheet?

Hi, I just purchased a 2013 Hideout 31 BHS.

Most travel trailers I have seen had a spec sheet somewhere inside. Usually inside a cabinet door.

I could not find one. Is there supposed to be one? If so anyway of getting a replacement?

Thanks.
Stangfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 08:46 AM   #2
Canonman

You might be looking for the "Build Sheet". I had to ask the dealer for ours when we bought our Cougar. I keep it with all the other warranty and user info documents in a folder in an inside cabinet. It's only one sheet as I recall. Nothing fancy, kind of like the window sticker on a new car listing all the options etc. You may be able to get one through the Keystone Customer Service group using the serial number if you can't find one in the Hideout.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DPP_3 (45) copy.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	384.3 KB
ID:	42220  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 08:50 AM   #3
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangfire View Post

Most travel trailers I have seen had a spec sheet somewhere inside. Usually inside a cabinet door.

I could not find one. Is there supposed to be one? If so anyway of getting a replacement?

Thanks.
If you're wanting schematics for all the systems, NO you won't find any they are considered proprietary.
As for specs on your model 10 years later they may be difficult to find & depending on what the previous owners may have changed they may not be accurate anyway.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 10:09 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

The "spec sheets" are nowhere to be found this long after the trailer was built.

What you can use, for tire size, weights and capacities, is the trailer weight certification located on the roadside front corner of the trailer. It will have the VIN, date of manufacture, recommended tire size and pressure, axle GAWR, trailer GVWR, trailer weight and payload/max cargo capacity. Also on that decal, you'll find the "weight of all waste tanks, weight of fresh water tank. You'll need to do some math to obtain the tank capacity in liters or gallons.

Also, the brochure that was published for that year trailer will have the weights, tank capacities and in the "specifications/options" chart, will give you a list of "what was probably included with the trailer"....

As for plumbing runs, electrical schematics and blueprints for the trailer, Keystone does not release that information to the general public, so you won't find any "information on where wires or pipes are located or where the wall, roof or floor components are located.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 07:49 AM   #5
Funny1

Quote:

Thanks.
Yeah I was wondering the same on my 21RBS.
I do have that build-sheet.
2005 VW Touareg V8
2008 VW EOS
1998 Porsche 993 S
Funny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 08:10 AM   #6
Stangfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny1 View Post
Yeah I was wondering the same on my 21RBS.
I do have that build-sheet.
I emailed keystone weeks ago and never heard back.
Old 11-23-2022, 10:44 AM   #7
Funny1

Quote:
I emailed keystone weeks ago and never heard back.
Actually looking at it now it doesn't look like a build-sheet but more like an invoice with the option list from the selling dealership.
2005 VW Touareg V8
2008 VW EOS
1998 Porsche 993 S
Funny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 02:58 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

This is what a Keystone "build sheet" from around 2012-2015 looks like. The original selling dealership had a copy, they "should have given the original purchaser a copy" and Keystone kept a copy. Whether Keystone retains records after nearly 10 years is questionable, but they may still have it on record to support recalls/safety notifications required by the government.

That said, whether they would even consider the manhours needed to go digging in a warehouse filled with storage boxes to find it for someone buying a 10 year old trailer is a pretty slim hope. I'd guess, even if they do have it "stored somewhere", they aren't going to look for it as a courtesy for an owner. They might "reluctantly dig them out of storage" for a government requirement, but not for an owner. They'll likely tell you "Sorry, those types of records are no longer available" ...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SPRINGDALE BUILD SHEET PHOTO.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	42369  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SPRINGDALE BUILD SHEET.pdf (112.6 KB, 770 views)

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-29-2022, 07:32 AM   #9
Stangfire

Keystone finally emailed me back. They attached the 2013 Hideout Brochure which I had already found online. Plus this information................Are those specifications considered "standard" equipment?

Good Morning Chris,

Thank you for contacting Keystone RV. The following is a list of the specifications for your 2013 Hideout 31BHS. I have also attached the brochure that features this model that will provide additional information. Have a great day!

Decor - Hideout 2013: Maplecrest
Hideout Luxury Package
Heated & Enclosed Underbelly
Radial Tires
Tub Surround
4 Stabilizer Jacks
Spare Tire Kit
6 Gallon Gas/Electric Water Heater w/ DSI
Exterior Shower
30# LP Gas Bottles w/ Cover
TV with Quick Disconnect
Old 11-29-2022, 07:37 AM   #10
Stangfire

Does this look like a heated and enclosed underbelly? Everything else in that list I believe I have.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Keystone 038.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	352.3 KB
ID:	42393  
Old 11-29-2022, 07:57 AM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

Your photo of the "exposed trailer frame" looks EXACTLY like my 2011 Springdale underbelly. There was no coroplast on it to "enclose the holding tanks and plumbing runs that were UNDER THE ENCLOSED FLOOR.

In those models, the "heated and enclosed underbelly" was above the DACOR wrap. If you look at the "construction diagram" in the brochure, you'll see that the floor, from top to bottom, was vinyl/carpet, padding, 5/8" sturdifloor, plumbing runs enclosed in insulation between the floor studs, all wrapped in DACOR which enclosed the underbelly (sub-floor area). There was a 2" heat duct that provided heat into that "enclosed space"....

Some time after your trailer was built, I'd guess around 2015-2017, Keystone started adding the coroplast "bottom cover" as an option, which later became a "mandatory option" and finally became "standard build" on the Hideout line.

To "verify for yourself" that there was never a coroplast belly cover, just look along the frame rails (I beams) on your trailer. If there are no "holes where screws were drilled through the frame rails to hold the coroplast in place, then your trailer was not built with a coroplast belly liner. The "evidence" that it might have been removed, would be the existing holes that held it in place. No holes, no coroplast.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-29-2022, 08:21 AM   #12
Stangfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Your photo of the "exposed trailer frame" looks EXACTLY like my 2011 Springdale underbelly. There was no coroplast on it to "enclose the holding tanks and plumbing runs that were UNDER THE ENCLOSED FLOOR.

In those models, the "heated and enclosed underbelly" was above the DACOR wrap. If you look at the "construction diagram" in the brochure, you'll see that the floor, from top to bottom, was vinyl/carpet, padding, 5/8" sturdifloor, plumbing runs enclosed in insulation between the floor studs, all wrapped in DACOR which enclosed the underbelly (sub-floor area). There was a 2" heat duct that provided heat into that "enclosed space"....

Some time after your trailer was built, I'd guess around 2015-2017, Keystone started adding the coroplast "bottom cover" as an option, which later became a "mandatory option" and finally became "standard build" on the Hideout line.

To "verify for yourself" that there was never a coroplast belly cover, just look along the frame rails (I beams) on your trailer. If there are no "holes where screws were drilled through the frame rails to hold the coroplast in place, then your trailer was not built with a coroplast belly liner. The "evidence" that it might have been removed, would be the existing holes that held it in place. No holes, no coroplast.....
Thanks! great explanation.

So just because I don't see the coroplast belly cover doesn't mean I don't have the "Heated and enclosed underbelly". That's the answer I was looking for.
Old 11-29-2022, 10:56 AM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks! great explanation.

So just because I don't see the coroplast belly cover doesn't mean I don't have the "Heated and enclosed underbelly". That's the answer I was looking for.
Well, yes and no.....

You do have some "heated underbelly space" but a great portion of your gray and black tanks are exposed to the outside. You can see them and the dump valves in your photo. In "some trailers" there is another (second cover) coroplast belly cover that spans the bottom of the frame rails and encloses all that you see under your trailer that is above the spring hangers and axles.

So, yes, you do have a "heated and enclosed space under the floor" and most of your hot/cold plumbing, heat ducting and electrical wiring is in that space. But at the same time, no, you do not have a "completely enclosed underbelly where the entire holding tank and dump valve plumbing is "inside the coroplast, somewhat protected from the elements....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-29-2022, 10:59 AM   #14
Stangfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Well, yes and no.....

You do have some "heated underbelly space" but a great portion of your gray and black tanks are exposed to the outside. You can see them and the dump valves in your photo. In "some trailers" there is another (second cover) coroplast belly cover that spans the bottom of the frame rails and encloses all that you see under your trailer that is above the spring hangers and axles.

So, yes, you do have a "heated and enclosed space under the floor" and most of your hot/cold plumbing, heat ducting and electrical wiring is in that space. But at the same time, no, you do not have a "completely enclosed underbelly where the entire holding tank and dump valve plumbing is "inside the coroplast, somewhat protected from the elements....
Understood. I don't plan on using the trailer below freezing. Just hoping I had a warm floor on my feet for the spring and fall camping.
Old 12-01-2022, 09:15 AM   #15
Camp CA

Find specs here: https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2013-...erior%20Height. Also contact Keystone customer serice and proivide them your VIN and they should be able to provide you with the build sheet.