Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2022, 12:06 PM   #21
Max23

For sure! Thanks!
Max23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 02:41 PM   #22
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max23 View Post
Yeah, I thought of that as well. Doesn't seem like they are doing a whole lot for the $190 bucks. However, if I'm inspecting them and one dies for one reason or another, I pay to replace it. If they are doing the inspection and one dies for one reason or another, its on them to replace. Now, again, being new, I don't know how often these things cause problems or what it costs to replace them. So, still could be a waste of money. Thanks for the point of view, thats what I'm after!!
I would agree! Read the fine print very very closely!
If I were to bet on that $190 inspection it would be that that's ALL it is. Someone will walk through & hopefully turn EVERYTHING on then put a check on that items box on their list, yep it worked. If a week later it doesn't work, well they have proof it worked last week & repairs will be $XXXX.
Shoot for $190 I'll come by & turn stuff on for you!
If that annual inspection gives you peace of mind then keep it, but $190 annually will buy a lot of roof caulk which is about the only real maintenance item, really should be inspected & recaulked if needed more than once a year.
If you have a friend, neighbor, or fellow rver with experience packing bearings & inspecting brakes that's the other maintenance that should be done. After a couple times you should be able to do it.
As been said numerous times if your not somewhat of a handyman, have a few tools & willing to do it yourself then your rv will be spending lots of time at a repair facility & you won't enjoy the rv lifestyle.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 05:13 PM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

READ THE FOREVER WARRANTY VERY CAREFULLY....

It's true that you have to pay for an annual inspection that costs (at your dealer) $190.

READ THE REST !!!!! You must also perform specific maintenance items on a specific schedule. Those specific maintenance items are NOT included in the annual inspection cost. If they were, all my bearing repacks, brake adjustments, roof resealing, refrigerator inspections, propane tank recertifications, battery checks would be "free with my $190 inspection charge"..

Maintenance actions as simple as winterizing and de-winterizing are, in most of the "forever warranty programs" a REQUIRED DEALER MAINTENANCE ITEM... Some dealerships overlook that kind of then and tell you that you don't need to pay them to do that work, other dealerships will "VOID" your warranty in a heartbeat if you skip one item on the maintenance requirement schedule.

Again, READ THE FINE PRINT and always remember this about contracts of any kind: THE LARGE PRINT GIVETH and the small print taketh away....

They "hook you" with the annual inspection and tell you that's all you have to pay for the warranty, but when you start looking closely, that's all you have to pay to "certify the warranty and keep it active"... On the other hand, if you fail to meet the maintenance requirements (most of which are stipulated in the warranty contract as mandatory dealer actions) then you failed to meet the warranty requirements.....

As for most of the items on your trailer, they are covered for either 2, 3 or more years. Furnace is 2 years, Water heater and refrigerator 3 years, air conditioner either 2 or 3 years, depending on brand. Stove/oven 2 years, converter/charger 2 years, water pump 2 years and the list goes on and on.

Again, study the "forever warrant" small print very VERY carefully !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
passport, keystone