Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
MISailor

Requesting Specific Details Regarding Damage Due to Covering

I've searched throughout the foum and read with interest the various accounts from people who have experienced roof damage or delamination due to covering their RV. I would appreciate hearing more details from those who have had problems. What I'd like to know specifically is (1) Where have people experienced delamination? Has it been limited to ends where the filon is curved? (2) Has roof damage been limited to roof edges that have sharp "corners" or has it also been seen on "rolled" edges?

I started covering my old 2000 Cub when I realized how much damage the sun had done (such as yellow trim pieces and and fading side markers until they were clear, etc.). I never experienced delamination or roof damage, but the latter could be related to that unit having a vinyl roof rather than a rubber roof). I loved how clean the trailer was every time I uncovered it and I would like to afford our new little baby Bullet Preimier the same protection but I'm having some second thoughts after reading the multiple posts here. I'm more concerned about sun than I am about water beacuse the Premier has a well crowned roof.

A few pertinant details....we are in SW Michigan and cover with a PermaPro cover from Classic Accessories. The PermaPro is a very light weight rip-stop polypropylene material.
2023 Ford F150 SuperCrew 5.0L V8, 3.73 Rear Axle (Photo to be updated)
MISailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
Heather

Question

This is a really good question.
Bump for some input on this please?
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote