Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2012, 03:03 AM   #1
Benrubid

Good Sam

Do people use or recommend the Good Sam roadside assistance. I have roadside assistance on my truck but nothing for my fiver. I guess it is an added security blanket but do not want to throw away money.

Thanks
Benrubid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:11 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

I have had GS ERS for years. Only used it twice. Both times were good experiences. It covers all household vehicles so the other coverage you have is not needed. Most cards limit miles for tow and where they will tow you. ERS goes where you want to go. (Dealer or approved service center ... not just a local garage or storage lot) They understand that you don't just drag a disabled 35' trailer off the road and will send the proper equipment to tow your 7000 lb TV the way the manufacturer recommends.

Disclaimer: Other than being a member I have no connection with Good Sam or Affinity Road Service. The several follow up phone calls from one of their operators to be sure we were okay after an incident, sold me on their service for as long as we are mobile. Travel safely and hope you never need them, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #3
KanTC

Ditto, what Hank said. We've used our GS ERS 'once' over the years, and it was also a very good
experience with follow-up phone calls from the operators.

Our initial reason for getting the ERS was due to our location... there are some isolated areas
out west where it's 50 miles (or more) to the next town. That's a l-o-n-g walk if ya need help!
For us, the added expense is well-worth it.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #4
rrohrer

I have it, but never had to use it. Just seemed like a good idea when we travel. Just in case.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #5
reubenray

I currently have the GS and the AAA plans. My AAA runs out this month.

Will GS cover our two vehicles even if we are not connected in anyway to our camper? I have used AAA only once when the battery was dead in our garage and it had to be towed to a repair show. Will GS cover this type of emergency?
Old 07-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #6
azlee56

for the higher price one it covers all your vehicles. With our old FW we broke down twice in a few months. We had no coverage, then we had to have the dully pulled 120 miles (100.00 because of a friend with commercial AAA) and borrowed a truck to get the FW. I got the GS top one, but for the no worries if something happens, it is worth it. One time breaking down would pay for it.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #7
michael

I purchased a new 2012 Montana 5ver Saturday from camping world it came with a GS one year basic membership,

Im not sure what it is yet because camping world wasnt very informative, compared to my sprinter purchase at burlington camping and travel,

I rate camping world Madison WI a 2 out of 10. Burlington didnt have the rv i was looking for or i would have ben a repeat customer ,
The campground im full time at, I hear mixed opinons on GS and others.

I would say if i was rv'ing to other states it sounds like a good deal.

PS Burlington RV is a 9 out of 10 lol I wish they would have had what i wanted or if i wasnt in a rush i would have waited.

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4
V10 Engine, axle 4:10 ratio
8ft box SRW

10x10 Screen room.

Let It Happen Campin.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #8
Ruffus

Thumbs up Good Sam RS

Hey Benrubid
Good Sams RSA is a great deal and they do what they say there going do. If you hurry, right now they are running a promotional at Camping World during the next couple weeks, I beleave, and you can get the Good Sam Road Side Assistant which covers your RV, Tow vehicle and any other vehicle (not sure about motorcycle) for Two (2) years for $99.00. That's two years for $99.00. Got mine yesterday when I went in to buy a travel book. Don't wait though, it won't last.
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #9
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffus View Post
Hey Benrubid
Good Sams RSA is a great deal and they do what they say there going do. If you hurry, right now they are running a promotional at Camping World during the next couple weeks, I beleave, and you can get the Good Sam Road Side Assistant which covers your RV, Tow vehicle and any other vehicle (not sure about motorcycle) for Two (2) years for $99.00. That's two years for $99.00. Got mine yesterday when I went in to buy a travel book. Don't wait though, it won't last.
That is a good deal .... less than what I pay for one year.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #10
azlee56

oh darn, I just took it out two months ago. I should have waited! uggg.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #11
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I currently have the GS and the AAA plans. My AAA runs out this month.

Will GS cover our two vehicles even if we are not connected in anyway to our camper? I have used AAA only once when the battery was dead in our garage and it had to be towed to a repair show. Will GS cover this type of emergency?
I know they send a lot of junk mail to read but I think there is only one level of service and it covers all owned vehicles. Mine does.

Covers member, spouse or partner, children under 25 living at home or at college. for all disablements ... fuel, flats, keys, etc.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #12
azlee56

I get an email here or there, but no junk mail. I of course went and did my check list under my account of what I wanted and didn't want. So are so good. I don't even get my magazine. sniff
Old 07-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #13
billstuart

I just checked the CW website and the deal I saw is $56.47 for 1 year for new enrollees. Still looks like a heck of a deal to me - think we'll do it.

Happy trails,
Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection

Previous RV's:
1992 Prowler 35' Bunkhouse
1986 Fireball 30'
1978 Nomad 24'
1963 Kenskill 19.5'
1972 Dyna Cruiser Camper on '72 F-250
A Tent
billstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:04 AM   #14
LittleJoe

Have had GS for a few years but never had to use it. Got it because they will move your DRW truck and trailer........a lot of companies do not cover a DRW truck.
Hope I never have to use it, but also covers all other household vehicles and motorcycles.
2014 FJR
2014 Jetta TDI
LittleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote