Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2021, 02:06 PM   #1
falconetti

Fantasy falls shower head upgrade

I’m not one to buy online when I’m not able to see and touch what I’m getting but I went ahead on a whim and picked up this shower head. https://fantasyfixture.com/products/...age-jets-spout

The install is as simple as can be. Original faucet comes right off. This new one has 2 brackets and comes with the flex lines and fittings that connect to the shower faucet lines. I would say you need only basic skills to install this in under an hour. I’m linking the video to mine.
https://youtu.be/RfvemJCWXOA
falconetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:07 PM   #2
falconetti

Will try the link again

https://youtu.be/RfvemJCWXOA
Old 02-25-2021, 03:11 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

I'd just ask,

What's the run time to BRRRRR ????

With that much water use, in an RV with a 6, 10 or 12 gallon water heater, how many minutes of shower do you get before it's "cold water only" ??

And, how many minutes until the gray water tank is full and you're standing in "gray water" ??

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 03:42 PM   #4
falconetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I'd just ask,

What's the run time to BRRRRR ????

With that much water use, in an RV with a 6, 10 or 12 gallon water heater, how many minutes of shower do you get before it's "cold water only" ??

And, how many minutes until the gray water tank is full and you're standing in "gray water" ??
Tankless water heater so as long as propane holds out you'll be warm. Grey holding tank is 82 gallons, so at 2.2 gpm Id say you've got 37 min of shower time before youre standing in it. Assuming you cannot dump the tank for some reason.
Old 02-25-2021, 03:42 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

John hit 2 nails on the head. Nice, pretty and cool don't necessarily go with the reality of trying to stay within the limitations of an RV. Nearly everyone I know wants a shower that uses nearly nothing yet feels like a flood for the 2 reasons John mentioned.

Recently did a bathroom remodel and installed similar rain shower heads (3) plus secondary shower heads, grab handles, granite benches etc. for when the time comes I can't get around. None of them, not a one, would work well in an RV because they do work well and put out LOTS of water.....but that's the last thing I want when trying to make a holding tank last as long as possible. It does look cool though. Let us know how it works out and especially considering the 2 items mentioned.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 04:05 PM   #6
travelin texans

When you stop at one of the many rv parks that have 25-30 psi you might get dribbles out of a couple of those heads, not sure you could stand close enough to get wet.
Even the onboard pump is only 40-45 psi.
I'd love that in our house where there's 60-65 psi it would work really well.
I'll have to say though you did a good job of installation,looks really nice.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 04:06 PM   #7
bobbecky

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconetti View Post
Tankless water heater so as long as propane holds out you'll be warm. Grey holding tank is 82 gallons, so at 2.2 gpm Id say you've got 37 min of shower time before youre standing in it. Assuming you cannot dump the tank for some reason.
You have 82 gallons of gray, but that is the the gray and galley tanks combined, so you may want to rethink using a residential water waster shower head. You likely won’t get one shower in without filling the gray bath tank, unless you are always parked where you have a sewer connection and leave the drain valve open.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 04:08 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconetti View Post
That's 82 gallons of total gray water, divided between 41 gallons in the galley gray tank and 41 gallons in the bathroom gray tank... Divide that 37 minutes by 2 and you'll be closer to your max shower time, provided you never wash your hands or brush your teeth.... But, it's a "pretty shower system" even if it uses way more water than the typical RV holding tank system could ever support, even with a tankless water heater.

Do the lights change colors or are they "blue only" ???

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 02-25-2021, 04:10 PM   #9
falconetti

A couple of important things to know.

1. The original shower head is still connected and is held on the right side. Not evident in video. So if water usage is a concern the original shower head will be the go to choice.

2. That video demonstrates the ability of the water pump to keep up with the shower. No dribbles and certainly usable. I am assuming the pressure with the Cory hook up will increase. But I won’t know for a few weeks and I’ll test it about and report back.

3. The finish is nice and appears to be durable, giving the RV a new look in the shower while maintains the option of OE efficiency
Old 02-25-2021, 04:12 PM   #10
falconetti

Im not sure. So far it’s only blue. And we are always hooked up. If I find myself boondocking the original shower head is still there and mounted on the right side.
Old 02-25-2021, 04:37 PM   #11
sourdough
Site Team

Just for myself, I will not leave a gray drain valve open unless we're washing clothes. Done it before and between all the goo building up in the line causing me to throw it away when we left and the sewer gnats finding their way up the line I won't do it again.
Old 02-25-2021, 04:43 PM   #12
falconetti

I don't leave it open either, I always dump black, then wash sewer hose out with grey
Old 02-26-2021, 07:14 AM   #13
Mic

What are the LED for ???

just ambiance ??

or a health affect?
Old 02-26-2021, 07:15 AM   #14
Mic

would not eh traps in the pipe keep teh gnats out???
Old 02-26-2021, 07:23 AM   #15
falconetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic View Post
What are the LED for ???

just ambiance ??

or a health affect?
LOL, this is strictly a looks installation. Its pretty fun to mess with and gives a more satisfying appearance in the shower. Ill test it out in a few weeks when we hit Arches.

As far as gnats, yeah the traps will prevent them from coming in but those things get in when they want to. lol
Old 02-26-2021, 07:34 AM   #16
Mic

Thanks for the reply.

One more
I assume batteries for the LED and selector of water diversion is needed?

Also Searching their site I see no install doc on teh web.

I would like to 'see' what the install entails..

did you find any?
Old 02-26-2021, 07:50 AM   #17
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:

You would think but they apparently don't. I've had them coming out of the bathroom sink drains when the gray tank valve is open. Close it, no gnats. Could have been coming in the shower drain as well but don't rightly recall.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:08 AM   #18
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Nope... The "gnat amphibious assault division" is equipped with underwater mobility gear.... They "burrow holes in the water standing in the traps and the rest, just like good soldiers, follow the holes all the way to your drain.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 02-26-2021, 08:24 AM   #19
falconetti

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

One more
I assume batteries for the LED and selector of water diversion is needed?

Also Searching their site I see no install doc on the web.

I would like to 'see' what the install entails..

did you find any?
The instructions were seemingly translated from another language and was a complete comedy script. It was slightly helpful, however the water lines attach to the RV water connections with the 2 adapters. The shower head top attaches with 4 screws and nuts. you do have to connect the 2 wires however you prefer, I used the heat shrink, solder combo fitting. the 2 lines are connected with hose clamps. The brackets are simple center hung types. 2 screws and 2 brackets and the slide the unit down onto them and it snaps into place.

The LED lights and display are powered when the water spins the turbine in the unit.
Old 02-26-2021, 03:26 PM   #20
jasin1

How heavy is it? Did you screw through the shower stall into framing? Just wondering how it will do bouncing down the road

Tags
upgrade