Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2020, 11:21 AM   #1
RVTCMT

Question Water leaking in on slideout

Did not see this topic anywhere yet. Have a question as if any other 2019 High Country 373RD owners have had any issues with a water leak when it rains on the Living room area off entry slide. We are having a winter storm here in West Central Texas and It is is coming in either around a window or some mysterious spot that I cannot fine that is not sealed up. It is running down to the bottom of the slideout and coming out on the inside edge of the plastic sheathing that covers the bottom of the slide.

I have contacted the dealer where purchased and they said to seal every thing that can be sealed, I have attempted that but can only do so much in rain/sleet and snow conditions.

Have not had this issue until now. Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do to remedy the problem. Thanks.

RVTCMT
RVTCMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 11:52 AM   #2
spicercars

Check your rubber seals on the outside of the slide and make sure they are flipped to the out position. We had the same problem and it ended up the seal on the top was not flipping out when the slide was extended.
Old 12-31-2020, 02:27 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

If you've never had the issue before and this is the first time, I'd check to make sure the trailer is level or better yet, leaning slightly to the side that slide is on. If you have opposing slides, it's a bit tricky, but if all your slides are on one side, often, just lowering that side about an inch (or raising the opposite side of the trailer 1") will "fix the leak.

I know many people say, "Don't use stabilizers to level the trailer, but if you loosen the stabilizers on the "slide side" and tighten the stabilizers on the opposite side, often that will give you the inch or so you need...

When the rain stops, then start looking for the origin of the problems...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, slide, slideout, water, water leak