Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2020, 09:04 AM   #1
LifeMadePortable

Carbon 337 - Sneaky Tips & Features Thread

I'm posting this because my wife and I full timing it and I sometimes find myself wondering:

"What can this thing do that I didn't know about?"

For example, and I intend to post this in a separate thread but ...

The middle section of our couch (we have the heated massage chairs), is that middle section storage of any kind? Seems it might be covering electrics and motors.

Anyhow, don't answer that.

The topic here points to any hidden gems some of us might not know about.

... and maybe there AREN'T any but that's okay too!

Blather on, fellow blatherers of blathery blathering.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:39 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

While you're listing "hidden gems inside/outside our RV".....

Consider that some things are best "left undisclosed"....

Such as, the location/access for the security lock box that's not discussed in the owner's manual, brochure or for most, even the PDI. Posting the location, how neat it is to open a specific drawer and "there it is"... Posting all that "detailed information" could "help someone with bad intentions" to access things you will have wished they didn't know about......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:08 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Did you buy the "limited transformer edition"? I heard it can change into a Toyota Tundra and a space shuttle, tow it self to the cg then change back. Pretty nifty!

Just kidding! Seriously, the biggest "surprise" would be having a "trouble free" first couple of years.

Welcome to the forum!
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 04:57 AM   #4
hornet28

John is right. Some things are best undisclosed
1917 T roadster 270 Hemi/4 spd
34' car trailer w/63" semi sleeper on the front
hornet28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 05:10 AM   #5
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeMadePortable View Post
I'm posting this because my wife and I full timing it and I sometimes find myself wondering:

"What can this thing do that I didn't know about?"

For example, and I intend to post this in a separate thread but ...

The middle section of our couch (we have the heated massage chairs), is that middle section storage of any kind? Seems it might be covering electrics and motors.

Anyhow, don't answer that.

The topic here points to any hidden gems some of us might not know about.

... and maybe there AREN'T any but that's okay too!

Blather on, fellow blatherers of blathery blathering.
I read your profile interesting life writing about twisted roads and motorcycle.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:28 AM   #6
LifeMadePortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglide View Post
I read your profile interesting life writing about twisted roads and motorcycle.
Unlike this forum, it doesn't suck.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:44 AM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Unlike this forum, it doesn't suck.

How does this forum suck?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:16 AM   #8
LifeMadePortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
How does this forum suck?
You should start a thread.

Then I'll take the time to login, visit that thread and type "[Somebody you don't know] is right. Some things are better left undisclosed."

Totally not a waste of time or energy to offer responses that yawn "I showed up here to say I don't have anything to say."

This is like the BMW motorcycle forums. "I took it to the dealership. The coffee & snacks are good this week".
Old 04-03-2020, 08:46 AM   #9
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
You should start a thread.

Then I'll take the time to login, visit that thread and type "[Somebody you don't know] is right. Some things are better left undisclosed."

Totally not a waste of time or energy to offer responses that yawn "I showed up here to say I don't have anything to say."

[emoji38]

This is like the BMW motorcycle forums. "I took it to the dealership. The coffee & snacks are good this week".
Post some links to your published articles. There are several who bike and would find it interesting/entertaining. Everyone has lots of time in their hands to read. I'm guessing you do as well.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:59 AM   #10
LifeMadePortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
I'm guessing you do as well.
I wish.

As for articles, just click on my screen name and then "Visit LifeMadePortable's homeage!"
Old 04-03-2020, 09:47 AM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

I suppose everyone has an opinion, here's mine:

To suggest "this forum sucks" because someone posts a comment that anyone feels is "a waste of time" is just as "irrelevant" as suggesting "this forum sucks" because a member is prohibited from expressing his thoughts.

The forum is here to accommodate all members and to provide them a means to express their opinions/comments/suggestions/experiences. It is not intended to be a mechanism for a member to "control thoughts within threads they start".

As long as a comment meets the posting standards established in the community rules, it's "fair game to be posted".

Comments such as "this forum sucks" and "[Somebody you don't know] is right. Some things are better left undisclosed." Totally not a waste of time or energy to offer responses that yawn "I showed up here to say I don't have anything to say." can be interpreted as a "personal attack on another member" and that violates the community rules.

These are "stressful times" and we all need to take a step back, stop the negative comments and realize that we still need to follow the forum rules or if unable to do that, not remain a member.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 04-03-2020, 10:00 AM   #12
LifeMadePortable

Cool info. Thanks!
Old 04-03-2020, 10:09 AM   #13
roadglide

Jacks me up I would be riding the 3 twisted sisters Leaky tex Frio canyon for a second time but things have changed fast . I'm hoping to meet a member in Wisconsin this year some riding .
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:12 AM   #14
LifeMadePortable

@Roadglide ~ I'll be in Wisconsin for 6 months starting next week, give or take a day. My riding style might be a bit more "amped up" than yours but who knows. Either way, I'd be happy to pass off a truckload of maps and great riding roads for you to do with as you please.

... It's "sorta what I do" LOL
Old 04-03-2020, 11:16 AM   #15
LifeMadePortable

I can't get over the vast amount of information this thread is generating. I can totally feel the "team" and "community" coming together to discuss what owners may or may not have known about their purchase.

Scroll up. And profit.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:30 AM   #16
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
I can't get over the vast amount of information this thread is generating. I can totally feel the "team" and "community" coming together to discuss what owners may or may not have known about their purchase.

Scroll up. And profit.
It's a trailer, not a super secret spy man cave. I did find a screw driver left behind by a bored worker behind my recliners. And a set of stickers that weren't used. Other than that, no ejector seats or Inspector Gadget stuff. But, all of my stuff did work with no issues.

What were you expecting?

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 04-03-2020, 11:54 AM   #17
LifeMadePortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
It's a trailer, not a super secret spy man cave.
Cool info! Thanks!

I wonder if there's a grey area between simple curiosity and this kind of response.

For example(s) ...

- I'm still wondering about the mid section of the couch being any form of storage vs. only an electric motor housing for the pop out.

- I see knobs that allow for electric awning angle adjustment. Maybe a steeper angle is better for medium winds. I tried adjusting them but to no avail.

- Seems there's metal railing for an industrial storage system at the very back. Maybe folks have employed that. Maybe it's for an aftermarket product.

My thinking is that there might be some sort of "online forum" where people could seek out such information, maybe one that's branded specifically to what we own.

Anybody got a link?
Old 04-03-2020, 12:17 PM   #18
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

There is not a carbon 337 forum that I am aware of. You may want to start one.

When I bought my Impact I had a lot of specific questions about it. It was a new model and not many on the forum at that time. You may be in the same boat since this is a newer edition Carbon.

A lot of the same components are used on multiple lines. Posting a picture of your item and asking your questions will spark a lit of conversation. It's all about what bait you use. The folks on here are very apt to help out given enough information to go on.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 04-03-2020, 12:28 PM   #19
Pull Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
While you're listing "hidden gems inside/outside our RV".....

Consider that some things are best "left undisclosed"....

Such as, the location/access for the security lock box that's not discussed in the owner's manual, brochure or for most, even the PDI. Posting the location, how neat it is to open a specific drawer and "there it is"... Posting all that "detailed information" could "help someone with bad intentions" to access things you will have wished they didn't know about......
I found mine! Lock and all. (and it's not a CH751!)

I also found the full width pull-out drawer under my Sleeper sofa!

Good Luck

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 12:36 PM   #20
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Toy View Post
I found mine! Lock and all. (and it's not a CH751!)

I also found the full width pull-out drawer under my Sleeper sofa!

Good Luck
What I "seek to avoid" is the "unthinking owner" who posts something like this"

Yeah, Keystone installed a security lock box in the rear part of the top kitchen drawer. There's a "changeable combination" but if you forget it, the "set combo" is 0010. No matter what, dial in that combination and the lock box will open. NOT the location or the combination, BTW. Oh, and they moved it from under the bed in that little space covered with carpet in 2018, and it's behind that kitchen drawer on all models since then.

Sometimes, good intentions go way beyond being "helpful".... There are at least two "deleted threads" about security boxes in Keystone products in the last 5 or 6 years...

Building "roadmaps for thieves" is just not a smart thing to do on a public forum. Now, that under sofa drawer, if you've got one, it's a great place to store bulky items, but trust me when I say, storing heavy books or a tool box will definitely result in a drawer with a busted bottom that won't ride on the tracks any more...… YMMV

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS