Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2019, 05:38 AM   #1
Breuschert

Bad Customers Service

I’m very disappointed with the quality of our Alpine 3800 FK Fifth Wheel and the warranty department at Keystone RV. Our 5th wheel trailer is only 16 months old. We are having a slide out issue with our electric kitchen slide out. Keystone won’t back up the warranty on the slide. A rivet snap due to pour installation of the hardware. A warranty claim was filled and denied. Keystone forgot to seal up parts of the under belly. We were having issues with Mice getting into our 80,000 fifth wheel. Front gasket is pulling away from the window. Warranty claim denied cause it’s not leaking yet!. This is over 2500.00 of repairs on a 16 month old fifth wheel that sits on our seasonal campsite. I will never buy another Keystone RV.
Breuschert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:09 AM   #2
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breuschert View Post
I’m very disappointed with the quality of our Alpine 3800 FK Fifth Wheel and the warranty department at Keystone RV. Our 5th wheel trailer is only 16 months old. We are having a slide out issue with our electric kitchen slide out. Keystone won’t back up the warranty on the slide. A rivet snap due to pour installation of the hardware. A warranty claim was filled and denied. Keystone forgot to seal up parts of the under belly. We were having issues with Mice getting into our 80,000 fifth wheel. Front gasket is pulling away from the window. Warranty claim denied cause it’s not leaking yet!. This is over 2500.00 of repairs on a 16 month old fifth wheel that sits on our seasonal campsite. I will never buy another Keystone RV.
Just FYI!
No one from Keystone or your dealer are reading this forum!
Sounds like your dealer cashed your check & now could care less about your issues. It all depends on how your dealer submitted those warranty claims, if their service department doesn't want or have time to do them then depending on their wording odds are they'll get denied. You should contact Keystone & inquire about those claims then talk with the service manager at your dealership or request another dealer that could do the work.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:11 AM   #3
Logan X

Sorry to hear about your troubles. That sounds frustrating.
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:54 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

As Danny stated, nobody from Keystone monitors this forum and nobody from Keystone is a member of the forum. So, your "gripes posted here" are being read by other Keystone RV owners, not in a position to give you any help (other than consoling your anger).

Also, as Danny stated, the direct outcome of repairs comes from the "hands on dealership technicians" who were working on your RV. If they fixed it properly, it wouldn't still need repairs. If they failed, so will your satisfaction. Keystone is not responsible for supervising the dealership, they are an independent business and should be "policing their own internal services"....

About all you can do at this point (16 months after purchase) is appeal to Keystone, give them factual information to reconsider your trailer issues and hope that you can sway them to your way of thinking. Until you contact Keystone and start the process, the "clock is still ticking" away your remaining warranty (if there is any) and the longer you delay, the more distant any positive outcome would be.

Again, nobody from Keystone will get any notice of your concerns from this forum, your only two choices are contacting Keystone or relying on your dealership to continue along the path they've chosen.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:43 PM   #5
Customer1

Did you take it to your dealer when it was still under warranty? If not why would you expect free work after the warranty has expired?

There really isn't a "warranty department" at Keystone per se. It is your dealer's job to fix anything needed before delivery and then handle warranty claims when the customer brings it back in for service.

In case you don't realize, it is your job to return the unit for warranty repairs, it is not the dealer's job to do work at your location.

You would accomplish a lot more here on the forum if you ask for help rather than complaining to deaf ears. We are happy to help you diagnose and fix your issues.
Old 11-19-2019, 06:32 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customer1 View Post
Did you take it to your dealer when it was still under warranty? If not why would you expect free work after the warranty has expired?

There really isn't a "warranty department" at Keystone per se. It is your dealer's job to fix anything needed before delivery and then handle warranty claims when the customer brings it back in for service.

In case you don't realize, it is your job to return the unit for warranty repairs, it is not the dealer's job to do work at your location.

You would accomplish a lot more here on the forum if you ask for help rather than complaining to deaf ears. We are happy to help you diagnose and fix your issues.

^^^^x2. Why wait 16 months out to try to complain about what should have been covered under a 12 mo. warranty? Mice coming into trailer? Don't want to jinx myself but you know, I just went thru mine and made sure it was sealed then used Fresh Cab every time the trailer was idle....no problems. Not sure how that isn't your problem??
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:34 PM   #7
flybouy
Site Team

The OP signed up and immediately posted his dissatisfaction. My guess, and only a guess, is that he probably thought Keystone would read it. Looks to me like he "threw a rock with a note tied to it" and then took off.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:59 AM   #8
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
The OP signed up and immediately posted his dissatisfaction. My guess, and only a guess, is that he probably thought Keystone would read it. Looks to me like he "threw a rock with a note tied to it" and then took off.
Oh, horse-pucky! This situation has never happened in the past and why think this guy won't be back after reading the outpouring of sympathy? I bet he returns soon and thanks everyone for their sage advice and pithy comments...
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:27 AM   #9
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Oh, horse-pucky! This situation has never happened in the past and why think this guy won't be back after reading the outpouring of sympathy? I bet he returns soon and thanks everyone for their sage advice and pithy comments...
Have you been adjusting your brake controller again?
Old 11-20-2019, 06:36 AM   #10
travelin texans

Quote:
Without the helmet!!!!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:35 AM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Without the helmet!!!!
By golly, Inspector Cousteau, I think you've got it.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:24 AM   #12
wiredgeorge

Quote:
To be honest, I had the controller set to 8.8 by mistake, Got to Bandera on our way to an RV park in Kerrville area last week and you have to drive through Bandera. About 3 stop signs before you can get to the other side. At the first stop sign, brakes squealed and the missus and I lunged forward (missed hitting my head) and I put the controller back to 6 and all was good but having it too high can be scary and probably dangerous. I thought her comments on my intelligence were unnecessary. I think Billy Bob, our attack Chihuahua (kind of portly) bumped the controller and that is my story and I am sticking to it!
Old 11-20-2019, 12:12 PM   #13
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
To be honest, I had the controller set to 8.8 by mistake, Got to Bandera on our way to an RV park in Kerrville area last week and you have to drive through Bandera. About 3 stop signs before you can get to the other side. At the first stop sign, brakes squealed and the missus and I lunged forward (missed hitting my head) and I put the controller back to 6 and all was good but having it too high can be scary and probably dangerous. I thought her comments on my intelligence were unnecessary. I think Billy Bob, our attack Chihuahua (kind of portly) bumped the controller and that is my story and I am sticking to it!
One of the best functions that I know for a dog is the "object of blame". He's been blamed for hiding my glasses, hiding my shoes, and making load noises typically accompanied by a foul odors.

Thank goodness he can't understand me and just keeps coming back for treats and a good "behind the ears" scratching.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:35 PM   #14
wiredgeorge

Quote:
One of the best functions that I know for a dog is the "object of blame". He's been blamed for hiding my glasses, hiding my shoes, and making load noises typically accompanied by a foul odors.

Thank goodness he can't understand me and just keeps coming back for treats and a good "behind the ears" scratching.
We currently are down to 8 dogs. Our oldest and dearest passed on about two months ago. Her name was Pippie the wonder dog; 20 year old totally blind and totally spoiled chihuahua. She went on EVERY camping trip as the missus couldn't walk straight unless she was carrying around her baby. Our pups range from about 3 lbs to about 130 lbs. This pic was a couple months before Pippie passed; on the floor is Honeybun. She is a DISGUSTING BEGGAR! How the begging started is a mystery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pippelikesbbq.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	24405