Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
scronin1

Raptor 30fs Lemon?

Purchased a NEW 2011 Raptor 30fs in May 2011. I have documented and taken pictures of the following items that are wrong with the unit to date and am wondering if thier is anyone out there that has delt with this many issues on a new unit, if you have how have you delt with the manufaturer or dealership. Is thier anything I can do to return the trailer or trade it on a new one? Please help!!!

1 - Keystone has aknowledged that thier is a weight distrabution problem with the trailer and has offered to put a second water tank on the front half of the trailer to insure proper weight distrabution. the trailer has been unsafe for travel and my family and I have lost control of the unit 3 times.

2 - the sewage tank leaked into the underbelly causing tremendous smell throughout the entire trailer - this smell I cannot get out. upon viewing the problem found that the sewage tank had been repaired using what looks like a messy job of JB weld. - it came from the factory in this condition

3 - the welds on the gas tank to frame brackets are broken.

4 - The Fuel gage does not work

5 - The fuel gage back lite does not turn off causing a constant drain on the battery

6 - the lino is bubbling in the front bed room

7 - The front bedroom heat vent puts out 0 heat

8 - The front checker plate on the outside was screwed not to the metal flashing but to partical board chunks that extended to the metal flashing due to the checker plate not aligning into proper position

9 - Wall paper bubling throughout entire trailer

10 - Grey tank valve from show through did not close properly - Dealership had no time to fix it - Ive gone all summer with the old crack the cap and quickly put on the hose while grey water spilled out.

11 - All tank indiciators do not work propely empty or full

12 - Stereo - Outside speaker switch does not work, speakers crackel - Checked the wiring and it meets no code I have ever seen - Common grounds - parrallell to series, ect

13 - When travelling less the 10 km on gravel the entire trailer is dusty - Dust comming in on the bottom of the slide

14 - Front bedroom door handel continues to fall off upon transport

15 - Front windows leak water when transporting in the rain.

16 - Numerous trim pannels are falling off throughout the trailer

17 - Majority of outside decals are bubbling or falling off

18 - No power cord for the included air matress was included nor has it shown up upon warrenty

19 - Capret was damaged upon delivery of unit due to improper slide adjustment from factory

20 - Water pump turns on for about 5 seconds every 5 hours - I am thinking thier is a water leak?

21 - Hood range light melted the outside cover and the wiring.

22 - Living room day and night shades do not stay up on thier own - center one works properly - the others fall down and do not stay up

23 - The 2 couch drawers do not stay in place and open on thier own if trailer is slightly unlevel and in transport

24 - Front stabalizer jack - washer that holds the screw came out of round from use causing stabalizer jack not to work properly currently have to duct tape the jack up for transport

25 - All fabric in trailer has been pre authroized to be replaced - upon taking posession of trailer noticed that all fabric had snags or was miscolored

26 - No covers for front V nose windows is offered from the factory - upon transit I have had to replaced 2 windows at $500 per

Look forward to anyone whom can help out with how to deal with this 5 month old trailer.

I want a new one or a refund!!!

Thank you
scronin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:33 AM   #2
antiqfreq

You certainly do have a laundry list of items that need attending too and I hope that you get the results from Keystone that you want.

Please keep us informed as to the progress of your situation.

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #3
6.7DIESEL

Hey sorry to hear about all of your problems. I too have the same trailer and I'm having a lot of the same issues as you. I'm in the process with an attorney for a lemon law. Let me know what's going on and what you have done. Maybe we can talk. Thanks again.
6.7DIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
Big Boy w/ Big Toys

So any resolutions to the problems legal or otherwise?
Big Boy w/ Big Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
scronin1

1 year later

Thanks for the reply's. 2011 KEYSTONE RAPTOR 30FS - Bought NEW

Well, lets say the trailer continues to be a problem. The trailer is now 1 year, 1 month old, was only used from May 2011 to Oct 2011 and stored at the dealership over the winter.

1 - Weight distrabution - The dealership after approval from Keystone yet Keystone documented that the trailer could be over weight did put a 56 gallon water tank up front - Took the unit out with 2 quads in the back - Just about lost control - put 8 sand bags in the front under the bed - Trailer pulls great.

To Clarify - 56 gallon water tank located 6 ft from front of trailer full - 8 sandbags in the front under the bed, is what it took to safely pull this trailer down the highway with enough toung weight to handle 2 quads in the garage.

fully loaded still only scale at 11,000lbs

Keystone still sells the trailer, promoting its capable of 2000lb capacity in the rear????

I truly hope no one dies while pulling this trailer.

Keystone challenged any changes to the trailer even after I had a Engineer do weight calculations, and when they agreed they first offered to relocate the original 86 gallon fresh water tank to the front. I had to explain to them that

A) the trailer would have the same lack of toung weight causing loss of control issue when I returned from my trip with no water

B) I would not be hitch weight legal when pulling with no weight in the rear

Then for Keystone to agree to a second tank being placed up front and disclaim the safety of the trailer due to beeing over weight is amazing!!

I challenge any Keystone Factory Rep to demonstrate pulling this trailer stock with 2000lbs (as rated) weight in the Garage.

2 - Axel's were aligned but have to go back due to front passenger side tire going bald on the outside edge. Bad alignment that Keystone would not cover under warranty - yet wore the original tires after 500km - Could have happened on the way from the factory, could have happened at the dealership? I know that I didnt hit anything with the axel

3 - When the trailers plugged into 120V - Got a Electrical short - You get a a steady zap when you touch the lower roll tin on the slide, touch the spring on the bottom side of slideout, or touch the bolts on the slide frame.

Found this out when my Kid came crying that the trailer burn his hand!!!!! IT didn't but after touching it myself knew quickly what he was talking about!!

Any suggestions on this would be great.

4 - Furnace blower fan - Has Started to Squeak every time is starts - Does this allot when camping in the mountains here in Alberta - Still have snow!!

5 - From NEW the upolstry had snags - Dealer took pictures of this from show through - No one can find a tag the manufacturer said to look for. NO WARRANTY - The dealership told me that I would be better off contacting the Keystone myself.

6 - Screws have come out along outside trim pannels including the bottom on on the steel fender skirt - This caused damage due to it happening while travelling - Fixed it with nut and bolt - and have lock tightened or nut and bolted the rest of the screws that hold the outside of this trailer together.

7 - Slide has come out of alignment and is now hitting the Front Awning.

8 - Lino has bubbled for a second time

9 - Wallpaper is bubbling for a second time.

10 - Dealer installed bracing for the bottom roll tin - This broke of and has now cracked the lower tin on the driver side.

AND I AM NOW OUT OF WARRANTY.

IF ANY OF YOU OUT THERE HAVE HAD LUCK WITH THE LEMON LAW OR KNOW OR A LAYER THAT HAS DELT WITH THIS IN THE PAST - CONTACT ME - This is amazing and extremly disapointing to say the least

I do not know how any manufacturer can accept this or even claim they have not had these problems with other trailers of the same model.

This trailer is dangerous and problematic.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
Festus2
Site Team

As far as I know, there are no "lemon laws" in Canada similar to those found in the United States but you would have to check with your provincial government to find out what exists in Alberta and what courses of action are available to you.
There is a Canadian Motor Vehicle protection program called CAMVAP but from what I have been able to find out, it only pertains to motor vehicles - not RV's.
I also believe that if you purchased your RV in the US and brought it back to Canada, you are pretty much out of luck with any recourse.
What others have done in the US with respect to lemon laws, would not apply here in Canada anyway.
Sounds like you have had more than your share of problems and I wish you luck in getting them or some of them resolved.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #7
scronin1

Thank you for the response - Trailer was purchased from Local Dealer here in Alberta just outside of Edmonton.

Its just really to bad, I hope that others read this and are aware before something bad happens.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #8
Big Boy w/ Big Toys

I passed all those dealers on my way to Mt. I will tell you the guys I seen bringing units in from US were killing the units they were towing. I seen one spot where there was air under the tires on that unit. I know it was a dealer thing as there was stickers on the truck doors, 3 trucks setup the same, with 3 exactly alike trailers.

Well with less then 48 hours till I get mine let's hope things have improved in a year. Sorry to hear you have had little improvement/satisfaction.

Disregard the other post. I couldn't find this one when I asked the other questions.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #9
Big Boy w/ Big Toys

Scronin1,
I just made a run from Great Falls, Mt to Phoenix, Az and I could not be happier. Trailer pulled like a dream, even in some heavy cross winds thru southern Montana, Idaho and Utah. Only wiggle came when hit with a harder gust then the 25 to 30 mph steady wind or coming passed an area that was protected from the wind. Drove at speed limit thru all 4 states, 75 to 80 mph.

So here is my load that went in the garage....two Harely's 650 for one, 625 for the other, that is actual weight not dry. Two tools boxes 50 pounds each, 4 each 15 gallon fuel cans, full, motorcycle jack, motorcylce ramp, 3 each 50 pound bags of dog food, 3 each dog cages, two doggie corral fences, 4 stuffed suitcases (women) about 45 each. All this was thrown into the garage to make a dash to Phoenix. I wanted to see if we were going to have any issues and figured we could always move things foward as needed. It was a non issue. After about a 350 mile tow we filled the fuel tank, propane bottles and the water tank. It just made the ride even better over the rough parts of the road. My F350 is a little stiff in the rear.

So now for my issues, trim screws on exterior are awlful. Will be doing the same as you and putting a machine screw with washers and nuts in most of the holes. At 110* F could use another air conditioner, it just can't keep up.

Things I don't like....they should have the bathroom door that opens into the coach open from the other side. Should be a left to right opening instead of a right to left. There is no way to get back in the kitchen area of coach without moving the slide. Same with the garage door, if it opened into the coach you would be able to access the garage from inside with things loaded in the garage. Currently have to use exterior door and climb ove the bike. Also would have been nice if they had run a set of tie downs down the middle of the garage.

I am glad I spent the money for the WDH. I am running this system

http://www.adventurerv.net/equalizer...shbackShopping

Other then a little noisey without a little lubrication during turning it was a blessing to have when we encountered the heavy cross winds. Sprayed it some motocycle chain lube, Amsoil metal protectant it is a dry lubricatant so as not to attract dust, and it hasn't groaned since.

Scronin1 I am believing now that there are other issues with your trailer then poor design. I would be interested to see if our tanks are in the same place. Are you running the proper WDH? What is your TV?
Old 06-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #10
randy69

Talking Keystone raptor lev361 39.7 foot

Ok here I go Removable outside ladder rung clips busted. And almost busted my A-- Back flush valve diaphragm busted Flooded the trailor. Awning does not close all the way unless you use a ladder to push the bracket, Onan generator Stops for no reason after 5 to 6 hours. Decales comming off even after paying 1000. for some kind of 5 year super wax job they sold me. And yes the heater in the front bed room vent puts out exactly 0 percent. They told me it has a long way to go....About the insurance They don't carry them anymore But said it is still honored. Again Bull S__ This is my fault since it's a toy hauler. where in hell do you put the sewer hose.... In that small compartment... doesn't fit.... Made one you guys. 4" black sewer pvc. 2 rubber end caps, And two 4" Heavy duty electrical straps. Mounted to instide of frame. Don't forget to put one small hole in your end caps for pressure changes while travling. Also nice to put quick disconnect for propane and water by the front door. If you can't fix it yourself take the damm thing in and hope it will get fixed right. GOOD Luck...
randy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #11
Big Boy w/ Big Toys

Ok I am 8000 miles into my trip. Found my antishipon for the tank flush the water feed line was loose. Disassembled the sink and turned it by hand no more leak. Hot water heater pressure relief valve has a small drip. Enough for the water pump to kick on several times over night. Hate those stupid plastic skirt supports, have right front skirt that has to go in for warrenty as the screws loosened and the screws enlarged the holes to huge. Bulb over stove blew out and I cannot get a replacement bulb to go into the socket. Propane door trim was not cut correctly leaving a gap on both sides at the top.

As far as pulling I have not had any problems with sway. I have tried a bunch of different combinations, empty tanks, half tank, everything in the garage, everything but the bikes in the front bedroom. I put the trailer on a CAT scale and it weighed loaded, with 85 gallons of water and 30 gallons of fuel, 12,190 lbs, roughly 300 pounds under gross. My tongue weight loaded is about 12% of total trailer weight with all misc stashed in garage, with nothing in the garage I run at 15% or more with full water.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #12
Festus2
Site Team

When the pressure in a closed HW system like those found in RV's reaches a certain point, the valve will relieve any excess pressure and you may witness dripping from time to time. Dripping does not necessarily mean that your pressure relief valve is defective.
One way to reduce this happening is to try to keep an air pocket at the top of the HW tank. Everyday use of the heater will reduce this pocket of air.
If you have a user's manual for your HW heater, it will probably outline a method of replenishing this air pocket and also reducing the frequency of the dripping as well as your pump cycling on and off.
The Suburban User's Manual has a procedure for doing this.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #13
Big Boy w/ Big Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
When the pressure in a closed HW system like those found in RV's reaches a certain point, the valve will relieve any excess pressure and you may witness dripping from time to time. Dripping does not necessarily mean that your pressure relief valve is defective.
One way to reduce this happening is to try to keep an air pocket at the top of the HW tank. Everyday use of the heater will reduce this pocket of air.
If you have a user's manual for your HW heater, it will probably outline a method of replenishing this air pocket and also reducing the frequency of the dripping as well as your pump cycling on and off.
The Suburban User's Manual has a procedure for doing this.
I see you are from Fraser Valley enjoyed our trip thru there and then on up North to the Stewart/Cassair Hwy.....I always enjoy the west coast of Canada. Even the people are nicer then along the ALCAN.

As far as the drip even when the heater is off, for better then 24 hours, I still get the drip. So if it cannot hold the pressure from the pump it will never hold the water pressure from the city connection or when the water is heating.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #14
scronin1

Lets add to my frusteration - I got married on july 7th - We had a quadding camping wedding in the Alberta Rockies - Absolutly perfect with about 70 people joining us. To be expected my black tank was getting full, and the morning after the wedding my bride and I woke up to sewer smell in the trailer - The black tank had leaked into the underbelly again!!! what a wedding present!!!! I opened up the underbelly and caught the leak with a bucket. This ruined our stay as we intended to stay an additonal 3 days - we left the next day - THANK YOU AGAIN KEYSTONE FOR THIS GREAT TRAILER FULL OF MEMORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #15
Big Boy w/ Big Toys

Dang that really sucks....I wish we were closer, not that we want to do the job ourselves but I would really like to know where the leak is coming from and fix the issues you are having. I know it can be done. Need to find someone close with the same trailer and look at theirs and straighten things out. I cannot believe your luck with this thing.

I put 8500 miles on my trailer over the last month and except for a couple of very minor things I have mentioned our trip was wonderful. I was even worried about the windows from the gravel sections on the ALCAN and had no issues there. We did take a bird strike on the left front window but it hit the lower part of the window and frame without issue, for the window that is.

BTW congrats on the wedding.