Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2009, 08:43 AM   #1
sbebenelli

Sewer hose mod

I use the rino hose and the fittings won't fit in the bumper. Also storing your hose in the bumper causes it to rust and over time will wear holes in the hose.

I bought a vinyl fence post from Lowe's. Screwed an end cap to one end and hinged the other. Made steel mounts for both ends. I had to shim the hinged end to clear the gas pipe that runs along the frame.

sbebenelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:33 AM   #2
Flyguy

Very nice post and excellent use of pictures, need to work on your signature so all can see what your equiptment is (Forum Technical support section and creating a signature).
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:45 AM   #3
sbebenelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyguy View Post
Very nice post and excellent use of pictures, need to work on your signature so all can see what your equiptment is (Forum Technical support section and creating a signature).
I thought I had a signature set up. Guess not.

Now I do

2010 Keystone Hidout
2000 Chevy Silverado 5.3 4:10 gears
Equal-i-zer Hitch
sbebenelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
Flyguy

Nice pic of the camper but I still don't see the info on the TV and the TT above the pic!!
Timbrens
Old 09-09-2009, 11:49 AM   #5
Flyguy

Now I do. Good Job! What I don't understand is why your signature isn't appearing retroactively on all previous posts, I need to get with the administrator when he gets back from his camping trip.
Timbrens
Old 11-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #6
bigdog

I can't understand why on a lot of the later trailers, the sewer hose holders are 4" OD instead of 4" ID. Not only don't the newer hoses not fit,but the replacement item rubber end caps don't either. I bought one of the round plastic hose holders,that goes all the way across the back of the trailer and mounted it on top of the bumper (hose holder) and that works great. I also had the Rhino hose till my trailer got away from me last winter and started whipping,springs and shackles were all broken,and the end cap popped off and both of them flew out into traffic and were destroyed. I now have two
15' Ultimates and love the swivel fasteners.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #7
K&Gs3400RL

Nice Mod, never thought of using a fence post. I went out and bought a hose holder from camping world........ DUH !!!!!

Our New 3400RL 9/17/11

K and G's 3400 RL
2004 Ram 3500
And 5 dogs, Dusty, Sassy, Jasmine, MoJo and Scooter
K&Gs3400RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:15 PM   #8
rjw

Nice job...
rjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:35 AM   #9
BigCajun

Thats one of my complaints with my Raptor. No place to put the sewer hose. I don't know of any rv's that don't need a sewer hose and they sell these Raptor for $40-$50k without a place to store your hose.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:45 AM   #10
Seann
Permanent User Ban

I have the same hose that you do, I just cut off the "ears" on the connector and it fits well.. they are not needed
Seann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:24 AM   #11
cpaulsen

Did the same thing to mine about 5 years ago.......only thing I keep in the bumper is extra lengths of sewer hose which is very rarely needed.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #12
mobile42

Fence Post mess

I also installed the 5″ square fence post type under the TT right next to the dump connection, and yes it was very handy. But…if your trailer has an enclosed under belly, better make sure there is no tanks of any kind (Black, Grey, Water) because I mounted my hose storage container right across the frames and not knowing that the black water ABS tank was sitting right dead above it (did not removed the corrugated material ahead of time). Well, with the use of the trailer on some trips, the weight of the waste caused the tank and the storage container to rub and created a crack on that tank leaking mostly liquid waste as the solids stayed put. MAN! What a BIG mistake on my part. Talking about the smell whoof and the embarrassment. When I got home, I emptied what waste I had and removed the corrugated material and saw a least a 12″ crack. Starting checking on the internet for a replacement tank and there pretty expensive but found some mending material that you brush on and actually melts the ABS material. I ordered it and applied (3 coats) it on the tank and gave it a week to cured and fill my black tank MAX with plain water and left in there for approximately 2 weeks, shook the tank and nothing leak. Finally tested the tank with a 4 night boondocking (in August with summer heat here in New Mexico) with washboard dirt roads and no LEAKS! So good luck everybody on your installations. I forgot to mentioned but my “Hose Storage Container” has been relocated to my TT Tongue. No tanks to deal with there. Sorry, no pictures.
mobile42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #13
Stargazer

I find that the inside of the bumper rusts even if you don't put anything in it.

Up here in Canada, those fence post covers aren't that common (at least where I live) so I just bought some corrugated drain pipe for about $10 and strapped it on top of my bumper with indoor/outdoor Velcro:

The Rhino couplers don't fit, but they're easy to screw on and off. It's held up well for over 4000 miles.
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:38 AM   #14
JSSML

great idea. I also have the Rhino and hate getting those bumper covers back on. It look as if I have a new project this week.

Thanks for the idea. We need more ideas like this.
JSSML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #15
Egnilk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbebenelli View Post
I use the rino hose and the fittings won't fit in the bumper. Also storing your hose in the bumper causes it to rust and over time will wear holes in the hose.

I bought a vinyl fence post from Lowe's. Screwed an end cap to one end and hinged the other. Made steel mounts for both ends. I had to shim the hinged end to clear the gas pipe that runs along the frame.

How has this worked out for you?
Old 06-28-2012, 05:58 AM   #16
sandy43

I've done the exact same thing but, I got 2 corner fence post. One for the sewer hose (same hose) and one for my fold-up skinny ladder that fits perfectly in the post.

sandy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #17
SAABDOCTOR

Stargazzer, i'm in a nutty mood today! looking at your picture. i would put a big sign on the spare"pooper hose attached popper full back off or i pull the valve" that is a clever solution to the storage problemtough.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:46 PM   #18
RVUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
so I just bought some corrugated drain pipe for about $10 and strapped it on top of my bumper with indoor/outdoor Velcro:
Have drain field, will travel.
RVUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #19
Festus2
Site Team

Barney -
Yes, you seem to be a "nutty mood" but you did mention in one of your posts today that you might have been inhaling too much carbon monoxide fumes from your shop. You should go outside and get some clean, fresh air from time to time.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #20
jbutcher3

I created extra space for holding 4X4 wood blocks in bumper used eye bolts and hooks to make train can pull out as many as needed. No end caps to loose drilled holes through bumper and inserted 5" bolts with safety pin clips.

Mod's are fun and sometimes work out OK.
Nice job.