Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2017, 04:16 AM   #1
bdmeyer

Question Where to run cable for Satellite on Bullet Premier?

I intend to use Satellite most of the time, but not always.
Apparently, there is a video switch 'somewhere' that prevents the Satellite from working correctly when I plug into the F-Type Connector on the back of the Premier.

Does anyone know of a good location for pulling cable, and mounting good waterproof exterior cable jacks, and a place where I can access the cable from inside the trailer?

I have pulled cable in buildings, by going between walls, down from the attack etc, but haven't a clue how to approach this in a travel trailer.

Thank-You,
-= Bruce
bdmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:46 PM   #2
WaltBennett

Don't know about your unit, but ours has the entertainment center at the rear so I just drilled a hole and put a weatherproof coax connector on it. You could do the same on the side as well. The problem I saw trying to use the trailer's cable system is that I couldn't figure out where it all went and didn't want to interrupt having the bedroom tv using the antenna. We've one of the newer King automatic Tailgaters and I can put it on the roof or on the ground depending on where we're at and where the trees are.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 05:47 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Roof antenna coax is in the ceiling until it reaches the booster. Park cable is usually in the underbelly until it comes up to the booster. Since you have a cable in, you could probably put a sat in next to it and run the coax side by side.

Getting the coax from the underbelly to the booster area may require removal of an interior wall, they are just stapled with trim on the edges. Go easy and you'll probably get by without having to replace any panel or trim. If you have room at the booster, you can just install another coax plate.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 02:21 AM   #4
bdmeyer

Thank-You Folks,
I appreciate your help.

-= BDM
Old 07-10-2017, 05:38 PM   #5
Olsen29

We have a 30ripr and I have run some wires for various things. The RIPR has 2tvs in the slides but were real easy to get to, the back of the pantry was false. Only 2 screws holding each panel.

I was even able to run from one end to the control panel for a few wires and was able to fish them through the wire loom.
Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Olsen29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:52 AM   #6
bdmeyer

Thumbs up Thank-You

That's what I needed to know. I appreciate the picture. I've run lot's of cable in my life, and have a fish, so I'll be right at home. I appreciate your help.

-= BDM
Old 02-09-2018, 08:49 AM   #7
ALNEMILY

Is there a splitter somewhere from the 2 slide out TV's and where do thy go ? thanks
ALNEMILY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, bullet premier, cable, satellite