Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2017, 09:34 PM   #1
Bumala

Laredo 23RB prep for Alaska trip

Getting ready to head up to Alaska, but I like toys. I want to be comfortable. I want to be able to be connected, to be able to watch the SF Giants games while on the road. One of the issues is that WIFI is only available near the office at most RV parks. I installed the WIFI Ranger Sky pro pack because I'm cheap. I didn't feel it was worth double the money for the 5 GHz unit.

I installed it into the upper cabinet of the entertainment center. I punched a hole through the roof to mount the external receiver. I added a new switch to the 12V control panel to power it. I mounted the router, and the DC-DC converter with velcro. I never knew there were so many WIFI spots around me.

When we get up to Alaska, we intend to go camping with my sister, and she mostly boondocks. My outside kitchen, with the beer in it, and the ice maker, are 120V. So I bought a WEN 2KW generator. It's lightweight and quiet. This got me thinking about the AC. So I bought a micro-air easy start slow starter for it, and now my 15k AC runs quite well on the 2 KW generator.

Lastly, in reading on this forum, I discovered the levelmate pro system, I installed one of those also.

So now we're all set to go. Last year the truck blew up, so we're hoping for a better result this time. Yes I know I don't need all this stuff. Yes you can go with just a tent and a sleeping bag. But it's fun, and once you start adding gadgets it's hard to stop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0992.jpeg
Views:	214
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	12767   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0993.jpeg
Views:	214
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	12768   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0994.jpeg
Views:	212
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	12769   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0996.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	12770   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0999.jpeg
Views:	208
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	12771  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1004.jpeg
Views:	216
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	12772   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1005.jpeg
Views:	205
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	12773   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0989.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	12774   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0990.jpeg
Views:	229
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	12775  
http:\\www.Bumala.com
Bumala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:26 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Nice!! Looks like your wallet is blowing up this year.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:29 AM   #3
bfisher003

Yep; it is hard to stop. LOL We are also heading up to Alaska in June and I've spent months adding mods to our Keystone Bullet 269RLS. It's going to be an awesome trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bfisher003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:30 AM   #4
notanlines

I was jealous over Bumala's planned trip, but, man, how about that trip from Palm Coast!!! Gotta be better than 5K miles.....We are absolutely green with envy! When in White Horse, stop to eat at the Klondike BBQ and have a piece of bumbleberry pie with ice cream! It alone may be worth the trip!
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:38 AM   #5
bfisher003

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
I was jealous over Bumala's planned trip, but, man, how about that trip from Palm Coast!!! Gotta be better than 5K miles.....We are absolutely green with envy! When in White Horse, stop to eat at the Klondike BBQ and have a piece of bumbleberry pie with ice cream! It alone may be worth the trip!

Yep, I estimate we will cover between 12,000 and 15,000 miles by the time we get back to Palm Coast, FL. Of course we are stopping in southern IL to visit family and check some farmland we own, then Colorado to see a couple of our sons and their families, then head north. Should be the trip of our lifetime! Thanks for the recommendation on the Klondike BBQ. We will definitely stop there!

Old 05-25-2017, 08:20 AM   #6
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher003 View Post
Yep, I estimate we will cover between 12,000 and 15,000 miles by the time we get back to Palm Coast, FL. Of course we are stopping in southern IL to visit family and check some farmland we own, then Colorado to see a couple of our sons and their families, then head north. Should be the trip of our lifetime! Thanks for the recommendation on the Klondike BBQ. We will definitely stop there!

Where in Southern Illinois do you camp? I'm from Belleville originally and am looking for places to both be able to camp and visit family. Enjoy your trip to Alaska. Sounds like an adventure waiting to happen!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:01 PM   #7
Bumala

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher003 View Post
Yep; it is hard to stop. LOL We are also heading up to Alaska in June and I've spent months adding mods to our Keystone Bullet 269RLS. It's going to be an awesome trip!

Where in Alaska are you going to? We should leave mid June. We're heading to Wasillia (family), then down the Kenai (more family), go to Denali and Fairbanks, and back down stopping in Oregon for the 2017 eclipse (August twenty-first), and back home.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:09 PM   #8
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumala View Post
and back down stopping in Oregon for the 2017 eclipse (August twenty-first), and back home.
Where at? Sister has invited us up to Salem for the eclipse.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:21 PM   #9
Bumala

Haven't got that far yet. I only found out about the eclipse the other day. I've found a spot with overflow parking, but not much else. I plan on being glued to the phone over the next few days. Do you think the coast would be overcast? The eclipse occurs there at about 10 AM. My backup plan is to use the overflow, or get something outside of totality and drive down, side of the road, or parking lot W/O trailer, to see it. I'll call around and see if I can find anything. We'll see.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:37 AM   #10
bfisher003

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
Where in Southern Illinois do you camp? I'm from Belleville originally and am looking for places to both be able to camp and visit family. Enjoy your trip to Alaska. Sounds like an adventure waiting to happen!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

We typically stay at either a state park (Wolf Creek) or private campground around Lake Shelbyville, but may just boondock on our own farmland; haven't decided for sure yet. It's quite a ways North of Belleville, though.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:16 AM   #11
bfisher003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumala View Post
Where in Alaska are you going to? We should leave mid June. We're heading to Wasillia (family), then down the Kenai (more family), go to Denali and Fairbanks, and back down stopping in Oregon for the 2017 eclipse (August twenty-first), and back home.

We're going pretty much all over. Our plan of attack is Delta Junction, Fairbanks, a truck only trip up to the Arctic Circle, then down to Denali Park, then Talkeetna (which several years ago was one of my sons and my staging point for a Denali climb) where we will take a flightseeing trip around Denali, then down to Wasilla, Anchorage, the Kenai down to Homer where we hope to camp on the Homer Spit, then Seward and finally Valdez, before heading up to Tok and out of Alaska. We will take the Cassiar Highway south and jump over to Hyder, then down to the Yellowhead Highway and work our way south and east to come back into the USA in eastern Washington and continue south and east back home to Florida.

Tags
laredo