Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2011, 05:08 AM   #1
DocData757

Water & waste tank conservation

I have a suggestion for Keystone and, for that matter, every camper manufacturer out there.

If you camp without services, like on a trip or perhaps boon docking, you want to minimize your use of water as well as minimize the water going in the grey tank. I was watching the dishes getting wash and thought... wouldn't be nice if there was a pedal on the floor where the person doing the washing was standing that could be used to turn the water off and on without having to use hands to do it? The water could be turned on, temperature adjusted, a dish wet down and the water turned off while the cleaning of it was done. Then the water could be turned on to rinse and back off again.

Seems like a simple but effective idea for all campers that collect grey water from the kitchen sink.

Dave
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:33 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

We use a small amount of soapy water in sink to wash ALL the dishes, drain the sink and then rinse ALL the dishes at one time. I wouldn't wash and rinse one at a time even at home ..... seems to be a waste of water and energy to heat it. Also with our 28 gallon galley tank it would fill very quickly. JM2¢, Hank ........ Dave, The more I think about it .... You are my hero! If I tried "Watching the dishes being done." ... Well,let me just say that we don't have the air-bed-sofa ... our jack-knife is not very comfy so I usually try to look busy elsewhere.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #3
Handysam

Hank, that cracked me up. we do the same thing on dishes, fill one side with soapy water and the other with fresh water to rinse, sometimes changing the rinse water out to fresh. there has also been the occasion when we use the outside shower water to fill tubs with hot water and the other tub with cold to wash the dishes, kinda like old school tent days. Happy Camping, Sam