Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2016, 07:11 PM   #21
theeyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Last year I was in a campground and asked the owner of a shiny RV what wax he was using. "None" He said he only used Meguiars Ulimate Wash & Wax. Get it at WalMart. It's yellow. I had previously waxed with Meguairs Pinnacle Marine wax. I'm not sure if I will wax this year. Maybe just the front cap.
Great stuff. It is what I use and the trailers always look great.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:51 PM   #22
papi

I just went to the Keystone factory last week and the specifically mention Dawn dish washer as to never use on any RV. It would damage the finish and the decals. They recommend to use Rv/ car wash fluids.
papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:14 AM   #23
Sherwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by papi View Post
I just went to the Keystone factory last week and the specifically mention Dawn dish washer as to never use on any RV. It would damage the finish and the decals. They recommend to use Rv/ car wash fluids.
Thanks for checking this out, I did use the Mequire's Ultimate Wash and it worked great. Then the next day applied the Aerospace 303 solution, other than having some trouble getting the streaking off, apparently I wasn't buffing enough, it looks great.
2019 Magnetic Gray F250 Lariat Super Duty, Screw, 6.2L, 4x4, 3:73 Electronic Locking Gear, Ultra Flex Tonneau Cover
Sherwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:46 AM   #24
kfxgreenie

Wash with you favorite car wash soap, and follow up with a coat of wax 1-2 times a year.

I like Wizards wash for everything, the stuff is the shiznat, and a gallon will go a looooonnnng way.
http://www.amazon.com/Wizards-11079-...zards+car+wash

For the RV I used the product below, its to damn big to do anything more than a 1 step, and even that took probably 12 hours, with a DA buffer.
http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-M5032.../dp/B0000AY50X
kfxgreenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:13 PM   #25
Sherwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfxgreenie View Post
Wash with you favorite car wash soap, and follow up with a coat of wax 1-2 times a year.

I like Wizards wash for everything, the stuff is the shiznat, and a gallon will go a looooonnnng way.
http://www.amazon.com/Wizards-11079-...zards+car+wash

For the RV I used the product below, its to damn big to do anything more than a 1 step, and even that took probably 12 hours, with a DA buffer.
http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-M5032.../dp/B0000AY50X
Appreciate the links and the additional options to consider.
2019 Magnetic Gray F250 Lariat Super Duty, Screw, 6.2L, 4x4, 3:73 Electronic Locking Gear, Ultra Flex Tonneau Cover
Sherwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote