Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2015, 02:44 PM   #1
Rick

Turbo Maxx fan weatherstripping

I recently bought a new trailer and am in the process of reinstalling my Maxxair Turbo Max fan on it. The gap sealing foam wasn't in the best shape, so I started looking for a replacement. It's a weird size...narrow width but tall (1/2 or 5/8" wide by 3/4" tall). Has anyone done or found this? Do I even need it? I've looked just about everywhere. Please don't suggest HD or big box stores, as they don't have it. Just the opposite...wide and short. If worse comes to worst, I'll order it from Maxxair.

Thanks!!

Rick
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:08 AM   #2
xaugievike

I'd say it's necessary, otherwise you'll just draw a lot of air from around the shroud up and out. Seal it so the majority of the air you pump out (or in) goes to or from your interior.

A buddy and I started a blog, read it here:
https://twoguyscamping.blogspot.com
xaugievike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:16 PM   #3
towin4fun

call the company. they are great to deal with and ill bet they have a remount kit or gasket kit. and there is a good chance they may send it to you for free for being a loyal customer
Old 05-05-2015, 12:05 PM   #4
Rick

Update-
Looked all over for the weatherstripping. Couldn't find a match anywhere. They must have it specially made for them.

towin4fun - Called the company and after them looking for 10 minutes for a part number, I was told that for being a loyal customer they'd sell me some at full price, plus shipping. For future reference for anyone else, the Turbo Maxx fan foam part number is 10-20938.

So...went to the local big box and bought some Frost King Self Stick Tape weatherstripping. It's 3/4"W x 7/16"Thick x 10'L, part# R734. You'll need 2 bags of this, since it has to be doubled to make it thick enough and 1 roll won't do it.

Now, all is good!

Rick
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote