Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2015, 05:14 AM   #21
chuckster57
Site Team

Only time the DW reacts is when some idiot cuts me off and earns a good dose of 153Db train horns.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:00 AM   #22
BOWWOW

Bicyclists riding 2 and 3 wide here in the Colorado mountains on the highways, may or may not have tagged 1 or 2. They are supposed to ride single file.

2010 Fuzion FZ 302 has 12ply F-loads, Dexter ez-flex w/ wet bolts, 6 volt Deka GC 15 batteries, 1 gen battery, solarpanels, leds inside, replaced clear textured door glass with tinted, 87 gallons of loc-tite.
Decals removed.
AKA CONFUZION / PORH HONKY.
BOWWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:40 AM   #23
murphysranch

We are a Dodge Ram pulling a 29 ft Laredo. Keeping it normal and cautious. Try to stay in the right lane. Its the darn freeway enterers and exiters that cause us the most grief.

We slow down to let the enterers come on - most speed up and get on smoothly. Its the skeerd ones that come to a full stop cus they are afraid of merging.

We have almost been clipped a few times by ppl speeding up, pulling in front and then doing a sudden exit.

murphysranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:03 PM   #24
{tpc}

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphysranch View Post
We are a Dodge Ram pulling a 29 ft Laredo. Keeping it normal and cautious. Try to stay in the right lane. Its the darn freeway enterers and exiters that cause us the most grief.

We slow down to let the enterers come on - most speed up and get on smoothly. Its the skeerd ones that come to a full stop cus they are afraid of merging.

We have almost been clipped a few times by ppl speeding up, pulling in front and then doing a sudden exit.

Yes, I don't understand the ones that come to a stop...or essentially force themselves to come to a stop. Just speed up already!
Old 04-08-2015, 06:43 AM   #25
Barbell

Keep speed under 65, check mirrors often but keep an eye out ahead. Closest we have come to disaster was in Texas when following a woman who decided at the last minute she needed to make a left from our lane. I was not too close but as all know, these things do not stop on a dime. I managed to swerve around her and crowded another vehicle some but no contact. Even though you try to keep adequate distance behind the vehicle you are following, the four-wheelers still pass and cut in front of you. Seems to be worse in the small towns off the Interstate. I drove an 18 wheeler years ago and had the same problem then. I saw another trucker pull alongside on the shoulder and crowd the cars back to the other lane. That helped for a minute or so but you just have to watch out for the fools who don't watch out for themselves.
Barbell is offline   Reply With Quote