Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2015, 05:08 AM   #1
bsmith0404

Route 66 Dealer Network

We have all seen/heard the stories of dealerships not wanting to work on an RV because it was not bought from them. When we bought ours we also bought into the Route 66 dealer network. The way this is supposed to work, if you take the RV to any of these dealerships 150ish dealers and they are supposed to take your RV in just as if you bought it from them. Actually they are supposed to make it a priority if you are away from home. Does anyone have any experience with the Route 66 Network?

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:38 AM   #2
natedog_37

We bought this also but have not used it yet since our camper is brand new.
natedog_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:45 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

If you go to their "home page" and check the first statement, it pretty much explains that you must "BUY" your RV from them to benefit from the "exclusive Customer Care Promises at no charge." If you bought from them, then you "Enjoy the peace of mind knowing that there are over 150 RV dealerships across North America ready and willing to meet your service needs."

Otherwise, as indicated here: https://www.route66rvclub.com/compare_programs.php It's pretty much a "mirror competitor" of Good Sam Club or Coach Net Club. One difference is that Route 66 offers discounts at KOA, Good Sam offers discounts at campgrounds regardless of affiliation with a national organization.

The FAQ list makes it appear to be an exclusive "by invitation only" organization:
How do I join the Route 66 RV Network?

There's only one way to gain access to Route 66 RV Network; you must be invited / referred by an existing member.

If you would like to know more about joining, please contact us.

I have no experience with Route 66, it may have significant benefits, but it sure looks like Al Capone's "hush money scheme".... Buy from us and we'll make sure your business doesn't burn down" (But you can't join unless we invite you...... ) Hmmmmmmm

It looks to be a "roadside assistance/Tech support" purchase plan with a "travel club" that offers discounts at member business locations (much like Good Sam/Camping World's program) with the difference that you must buy your RV from one of the participating dealerships to get the warranty service with any dealership benefit.

CW offers warranty services at all of their locations and with the "President's Club Diamond Membership Card" anyone who bought an RV from any of CW's locations, an RV buyer gets "preferred, priority service" at CW. Seems like much the same program ??

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:08 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
If I remember correctly, it was compared to CW when we bought. We purchased from the dealer because of the deal we could get, not because of the Route 66 plan. If it works as advertised, I think a little "hush money" is better than what most people are experiencing when trying to get repairs somewhere other than the dealer they purchased from. The only concern, I've never actually heard of anyone who has ever used it.
Likely because of the old adage, "A happy troop is a quiet troop" ??? Seems like the majority of people who are "vocal" do so because of a problem. We seldom hear from the ones who get good service.

I think the most important "take away" is that the "travel club" and the "Roadside assistance/Tech support" are subscription services with annual fees. They are not a "buy in" for the warranty at any location feature. The only way to get the "dealer network for warranty service" is to have bought the RV from a participating dealership. That is not included in the annual plan.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:09 AM   #5
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
If you go to their "home page" and check the first statement, it pretty much explains that you must "BUY" your RV from them to benefit from the "exclusive Customer Care Promises at no charge." If you bought from them, then you "Enjoy the peace of mind knowing that there are over 150 RV dealerships across North America ready and willing to meet your service needs."

Otherwise, as indicated here: https://www.route66rvclub.com/compare_programs.php It's pretty much a "mirror competitor" of Good Sam Club or Coach Net Club. One difference is that Route 66 offers discounts at KOA, Good Sam offers discounts at campgrounds regardless of affiliation with a national organization.

The FAQ list makes it appear to be an exclusive "by invitation only" organization:
How do I join the Route 66 RV Network?

There's only one way to gain access to Route 66 RV Network; you must be invited / referred by an existing member.

If you would like to know more about joining, please contact us.

I have no experience with Route 66, it may have significant benefits, but it sure looks like Al Capone's "hush money scheme".... Buy from us and we'll make sure your business doesn't burn down" (But you can't join unless we invite you...... ) Hmmmmmmm

It looks to be a "roadside assistance/Tech support" purchase plan with a "travel club" that offers discounts at member business locations (much like Good Sam/Camping World's program) with the difference that you must buy your RV from one of the participating dealerships to get the warranty service with any dealership benefit.

CW offers warranty services at all of their locations and with the "President's Club Diamond Membership Card" anyone who bought an RV from any of CW's locations, an RV buyer gets "preferred, priority service" at CW. Seems like much the same program ??
After reading it more, I think the "invitation" is for dealers to join the network. From the home page..."In fact, ROUTE 66 member dealers are still handpicked by their peers based on their reputation for Integrity, Customer Service and After-Sale Support. Only the finest dealers in the U.S. and Canada are invited to join ROUTE 66 and their commitment to serving customers and creating a great RV experience is how they retain their membership."

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:45 AM   #6
natedog_37

We bought the basic for the extended warranty from our dealer how is also a route 66 dealer.

What we where told is this.

1. If the trailer breaks on the road and you take it to a route 66 dealer you will be bumped up in line.

2. there is a deductible but if you are at a Route 66 dealer is is waved of X% off can't remember.

Really all I wanted it for was the extra warranty since this is our first Hard side, and I have seen the issues my dads big horn 5er has had. Next time we will have more in the bank to not worried about it but paying for this beast of a camper was tight, and wanted to be safe than sorry. Mostly since we bought in the winter and can't use the camper for another couple of months.
natedog_37 is offline   Reply With Quote