Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #21
KathiS

We purchased our 2010 Cougar late last year and have had nothing but problems, some not surfacing until we took it on a long road trip recently. That said, so far we have not had any problems with Keystone approving warranty work. We'll see if that continues as we have quite the list of problems for them to fix after our latest road trip. I will admit I am very worried about what will happen once the warranty expires (it only lasts one year by the way).
KathiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #22
gmandi

what problems did you have with your cougar. i have had a problem yet requiring a dealer doing warranty work. some minor things, yes...they all do.
gmandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:11 AM   #23
larrygranny1

had ours for a year. lived in it full time while hosting in the National Park servive in three states. Never had a problem......
Old 05-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #24
rubydoodle

Smile

We purchased a Cougar High Country 291 RLS in March. We have camped between three and four weeks in it and absolutely love it. We are taking it back to the dealer to tweak a couple of things (the awning over the large slide needs to be tightened - put on at dealer and the jet spray to the black water tank needs to be fixed - sprays on outside, too). We have used it without hookups in a national park, full hookups, and just water and electric. We did get the extended warranty because of all the motors for the front and back stabilizers, awning, and two slides. We hope to keep it for a long time.
rubydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #25
rbjsaylo

Satisfied New Keystone Alpine User

Hi DDM;
We just purchased a new 2011 Alpine 3500RE from a dealer in Montana and have nothing bad to say about either the dealer nor the unit. We are happy with both, and our decision to choose Keystone once again. We just spent a very soggy week in Kalispell which, next to towability, give it a really good "workout". Both passed with flying colors in our opinion.

Other than a couple of quirky things that will be looked at under warranty, the quality and comfort of the unit appear to be more than satisfactory. This will be our 2nd Keystone product, the last one we had (a 2003 Sprinter TT) was exceptionally made as well.

I don't think you'll regret your decision, but it ultimately has to be "your" decision after all. Good luck and happy travels
rbjsaylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:53 AM   #26
sosad
Permanent User Ban

Angry

2008 montana mountaineer. Peeling decals, split lino floor, water leaks. Paid big bucks for top of the line new unit. Did I get my monies worth???? Not a chance. Other companies out there making a better product for the same or lower dollar. Customer service as you can tell by all the forums is none too good. Read everything said about Keystone RV about service and quality, then evaluate your choice. I know where you will not be shopping!!!!!
sosad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #27
caberto

We've had ours almost a year, bad fuses in the converter first time out, dealer replaced, and have had no issues since, no leaks, etc. Water pressure in bathroom seems to be lower than when we first got it, but probably something got clogged - not Keystone's fault... but really, when you buy a new house, is everything perfect there? I've had way less issues with our new Cougar than I've had with new houses.

Knocking on wood...
caberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:48 AM   #28
mrxlh

Quote:
Originally Posted by caberto View Post
We've had ours almost a year, bad fuses in the converter first time out, dealer replaced, and have had no issues since, no leaks, etc. Water pressure in bathroom seems to be lower than when we first got it, but probably something got clogged - not Keystone's fault... but really, when you buy a new house, is everything perfect there? I've had way less issues with our new Cougar than I've had with new houses.

Knocking on wood...
Check the screen in the end of the faucet. Water pressure seemed fine at the house the first weekend when we loaded all of our things from our old TH. The first camping trip water pressure seemed weak in the kitchen. We had a problem in our old TH where there was trash in the screen. So I pulled the kitchen screen and didn't see anything on it that would cause blockage. Showing it to the Wife, I dropped it on the floor and bingo, there were 2 screens stacked on top of one another, put one back in and the problem was solved.

2008 Ford F350 CC LWB Dually
2011 Raptor 4014LEV
2006 H-D FLHX
2010 Honda Rancher 420ES
mrxlh is offline   Reply With Quote